Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Alvarez
Puerto Rico
Hatillo
Puerto Rico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I bet most of you are eagerly awaiting the game and/or expansion! In the meantime I thought some of you may be interested in a few pictures I took at home, showing one of the main additions from this expansion, but in the wild.

A few weeks ago I was returning from a walk outside the house, when all of the sudden I have fire ants on my upper thigh, which was both alarming and confusing, but I didn't pay much mind to it. A few days later the exact same thing happened. Still confused I retraced my steps looking for a plant I might be brushing against and upon inspection of the first suspect I noticed a few ants:

Curious as I am, I looked a little closer and this is what I found under the leaves:

Ants with anger issues.

A closer look revealed...:

Aphids! The plant was full of them, from tiny baby 'phids to big ones and ants were crawling all over the plant moving them around, feeding, and as my reddened and itchy thigh reminded me, aggressively protecting the aphids from any stray intruders.

Another good look:

It was interesting to see that this one small plant was riddled with both aphids and fire ants, but none of surrounding plants were, so I guess this one plant was yummy for the aphids.

I just thought some of you might find it interesting , especially if the game's theme is a big draw for you Didn't see any ladybugs around, but maybe it just hadn't been summoned by the other player yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.