Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Mangan
United States
Freeport
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great game! The biggest complaint is usually price, but at $39.99 this is perfect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My finger wants to hit the submit button, but my brain is telling it to hold off...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I felt like this was going to go over bigger than it has. Still has a solid rating, but the price point has people holding off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan G
msg tools
I had a blast playing this at Gencon. Also very tempted at this price. If I didn't have such a large backlog ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Noggle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Man, I want this bad, but $9.88 shipping kills it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dnoggle wrote:
Man, I want this bad, but $9.88 shipping kills it.

That's just negative thinking. You can easily save that $9.88 shipping by buying $60 worth of games. Come on, think positive now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Noggle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I could have sworn it was at $125 for free shipping. Did it change?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Elliott
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dnoggle wrote:

that's Cardhaus which ships UPS, CSI is $100 and ships FedEx (either Smartpost or Ground for free, depending on how much they estimate your order will weigh)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Noggle
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
graywolf323 wrote:
dnoggle wrote:

that's Cardhaus which ships UPS, CSI is $100 and ships FedEx (either Smartpost or Ground for free, depending on how much they estimate your order will weigh)

Ah! That was it!

I'm thinking about adding Empires: Age of Discovery which is on sale for $64.99 right now to get free shipping.

Both seem like great games and are both on good deals right now.

Have you guys played these games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dnoggle wrote:
graywolf323 wrote:
dnoggle wrote:

Ah! That was it!

I'm thinking about adding Empires: Age of Discovery which is on sale for $64.99 right now to get free shipping.

One of us! One of us!

I haven't played either but I just bought Tyrants of the Underdark last week at my friend's new FLGS. And I've been waiting for it for a loooong time.

And don't feel bad. I'm going to buy sleeves for it so now I'll just need to about $80 worth of games from CSI to get free shipping. Fortunately, or unfortunately, that won't be difficult...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Pickel

Dubuque
Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Tyrants four times but I've really enjoyed it. The cards are pretty thin so I've been considering sleeving, and the art is dull but thematic. Gameplay is solid and balanced as long as you pay attention to what others are doing. Definitely not the 'multiplayer solitaire' that some deckbuilders are accused of.

I haven't play Empires. It's high on my want list, especially considering the hours I've logged on Age of Empires III, but my group is pretty focused on a couple other big games right now. For me it can wait. It's only a couple dollars under what Amazon has been selling it for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
dnoggle wrote:
graywolf323 wrote:
dnoggle wrote:

Ah! That was it!

I love Empires/AoE3. Great worker placement. Some of the tiles I am thinking of removing that originally came with the expansion but are now included in the main box. There's one that lets you trade a good for any other good of someone else's. You don't get many resources during the game and you can easily break people's sets.

Great component quality too as far as tiles/chits/box. Probably the thickest box cardboard I've seen next to maybe the big geeky box.

Empires isn't ranked as high as it should be since it was a repackaging. It improved on AoE3 in almost every way, so you can consider that ranking in your decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
If you are reading this, it means I have more geekgold than I know what to do with. 1st person to geekmail me gets 8 gg
badge
BGG.Com It's the only site I visit where it's a bigger sin to call someone a jackass than it is to be a jackass.
mbmbmbmbmb
For $52 Prime will deliver it next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up grabbing it, plus Jamaica, Celestia and Ships. $107 delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.