Subject: Rememberer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am Broccoli, most intelligent vegetable!
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
(Just to be clear, I DID read the rulings on this card before asking these questions).

If you remove a time rune from Rememberer in the standard way, during your upkeep, do you then immediately remove a time rune from the "brought back" unit, since it's still your upkeep?

Also, more specifically, if you use Rememberer to bring itself back (which according to the rulings you can), I assume you STILL remove a time rune immediately, because it's a "new" copy, and again, it's still your upkeep, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niccolò Ricchio
Italy
flag msg tools
i don't think you get to do that, consider all upkeep action simultaneous: you resolve them in any order, but once you have finished resolving the the resulting state is post-upkeep.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Domon said. See it like in Heartstone when Y'Shaarj bring a Ragnaros at the end of the turn, Ragnaros end of turn effect doesn't trigger because the End of Turn trigger is already past, even though you are still in the end of turn phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Churchill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambs
flag msg tools
designer
"If we knew what we were building, it wouldn't be called research!"
badge
Sufficiently advanced mathematics is indistinguishable from magic
mbmbmbmbmb
MtG would work the same way, because all MtG upkeep triggers are carefully worded so they explicitly trigger "at the beginning of your upkeep", "at the beginning of the end step" etc. All "at the beginning of your upkeep" abilities go on the stack (in the order of your choosing), then they all resolve one at a time; then it's still the upkeep until both players pass priority in succession with the stack empty. And at any point during this process you can use abilities that say "Activate this ability only during your upkeep". All very tightly specified.

But Codex doesn't have such careful wording. The rulebook definition of Upkeep just says
Quote:
Upkeep
Get 1 gold for each of your workers.
Also do anything that any card tells you to do during your upkeep.
And the definition of fading just says
Quote:
Fading
Arrives with X time runes. Remove one each of your upkeeps. When you remove the last, sacrifice this.
So is it intended to work the way Hearthstone and MtG do? Who knows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, where I'm coming from is Sentinels of the Multiverse. If an end of turn effect brings in a minion that has his own end of turn effect, then it immediately triggers, because you're still in end of turn. I know many things work differently in Codex (like trying to play the top card of an empty deck doesn't trigger a shuffle), which is why I asked.

The thing that struck me about this is that (in general) having to also remove a Fading rune to something you just brought back would be bad, and it would really only be advantageous in the instance where Rememberer brought itself back (because then you could immediately bring back something else).

Overall though, I'm glad that (assuming I read the responses right), you don't immediately remove a Fading rune, because it makes Rememberer stronger in more cases.

Edit: I'll also add that this might be worth nothing in the rulings for Rememberer, as I think many other folks coming from other games might have the same question. (It wasn't clear to either me or my opponent in the game where this came up).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rabid Schnauzer
msg tools
alextfish wrote:
But Codex doesn't have such careful wording......Who knows.

Broccoli wrote:
I'll also add that this might be worth noting in the rulings

Yeah. Exactly.

The number of interactions which these quotes can apply to is a serious issue with Codex.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Graham
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I will destroy you all!
mbmbmbmbmb
Broccoli wrote:

Edit: I'll also add that this might be worth NOTING in the rulings for Rememberer, as I think many other folks coming from other games might have the same question. (It wasn't clear to either me or my opponent in the game where this came up).

That was actually an accidental, but odd typo. Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.