Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ho the forum!

per the KS page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/descrip...

the Sabretooth, Crossbowmen, and Black Ones add-ons are supposed to include their own scenarios:

Quote:

A feral beast from deep within the wild corners of the world, The Sabertooth-Tiger is a new monster minion that comes with his own scenario as well as guidelines for integrating him into others.

Powerful ranged minions, the Crossbowmen will give you more variety in you games and come with their own mission as well as guidelines for using them in others.

These nefarious, inhuman beings come with their own scenarios as [sic] guidelines for using them in others.

They don't, though.

:`(

My only notable disappointment with the game so far is that the add-ons are essentially DIY projects. They include minis and cards/tiles, but no material which can be used to bring them directly into play.

i repeat:

:`(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There will be (at least) 1 scenario online in the Monolith website for each existing add-on.

That's what they've announced monthes ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:
There will be (at least) 1 scenario online in the Monolith website for each existing add-on.

That's what they've announced monthes ago.

Be that as it may, the KS says that each of those add-ons "comes with", not "will eventually be supplemented with", the material.

As of this writing, the website only contains the core scenarios:

http://www.monolithedition.com/conan-en/scenarios/

and the add-ons section says only "under construction":

http://www.monolithedition.com/conan-en/add-ons/

It's not a big deal, just mildly disappointing. Obviously there's plenty of material in the box(es) to keep me/us busy until they post the add-on bits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Budala Budala
France
flag msg tools
mb
They don't say "will eventually be supplemented with"

They say it "comes with..." scenarios on the website.

If you can't wait, take a look here : https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1652296/wonderful-component...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Ducat
France
Antibes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same disappointment on my side, scenarios for SG are just not here, that's a bit a lot added to the awful holes into the rules, even in french !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you have pledged a King box you already have 16 scenarios to play with...that's why I don't think Monolith have planed to release SG scenarios now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pallantides wrote:
If you have pledged a King box you already have 16 scenarios to play with...that's why I don't think Monolith have planed to release SG scenarios now.

I thought we were getting 12? 8 with the core box and 4 for the stretch goal boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hankeys deef
msg tools

Am I correct ... the whole stretch Goals, add-ons and add-on cards are so far only a decorative accessory and currently still absolutely useless or?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Barbarian box = 8 scenarios.

King box = 8 scenarios from the Barbarian + 4 more (the Overlord booklet is longer).

SG box = 4 scenarios.

Can someone with the game confirm this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hankeys wrote:

Am I correct ... the whole stretch Goals, add-ons and add-on cards are so far only a decorative accessory and currently still absolutely useless or?

You can use them in any scenario you want. They just don't have dedicated scenarios released for them yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hubert T.
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From my king pledge:

Base scenarios:
1. In the clutches of the picts (4-5 players, complexity 1)
2. Hunting the tigress (4-5 players, complexity 1)
3. In the heart of darkness (4 players, complexity 2)
4. The final ritual (4 players, complexity 2)
5. For all of Ophir's gold (4 players, complexity 2)
6. The wrath of Anu (2 players, complexity 3)
7.1. Infernal pursuit part 1 (3 players, complexity 3)
7.2. Infernal pursuit part 2 (3 players, complexity 3)
8. Trapped like rats (4 players, complexity 3)

Extra scenarios:
1. The key of the Kuthchemes (3 players, complexity 2)
2. In the name of Ibis (4 players, complexity 2)
3. The crawling shadow (4 players, complexity 2)
4. Red dawn (4 players, complexity 3)

King scenarios:
1. The thing from the swamp (4 players, complexity 2)
2. Facing the serpent-specter (4 players, complexity 2)
3. The serpent's awakening (4 players, complexity 2)
4. The treasure of Tranicos (4 players, complexity 3)

So yeah, 8+4+4
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome regarding 16 scenarios! I'm sorry, I guess I mis-remembered (that wouldn't be the first time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank BLACKFIRE
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thx Wladek

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clanggedin wrote:
Hankeys wrote:

You can use them in any scenario you want. They just don't have dedicated scenarios released for them yet.

Nor do they include the "guidelines for integrating them" into other scenarios (as was mentioned in the KS descriptions of each). e.g.:

Quote:
A feral beast from deep within the wild corners of the world, The Sabertooth-Tiger is a new monster minion that comes with his own scenario as well as guidelines for integrating him into others.

(emphasis added)

So, yeah, they're just decorative until we can suss out how to fit them into existing scenarios without blowing out the balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure there were some Blood Rage cross-over scenarios promised as well, for backers of Blood Rage (using the monsters from that game).

Was pretty much the only reason I backed that game at the time (the fact it turned out to be rather playable, and didn't ship 1 year late, was a wonderful bonus !)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
I'm pretty sure there were some Blood Rage cross-over scenarios promised as well, for backers of Blood Rage (using the monsters from that game).

If there was then it's not mentioned on the main KS page:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/descrip...

nor does a quick Ctrl-F of the Updates page find it (i don't recall such a thing, but i don't have Blood Rage, so i might have filtered that info out or outright forgotten it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Croquet
France
flag msg tools
mb
Phantomwhale wrote:

Was pretty much the only reason I backed that game at the time (the fact it turned out to be rather playable, and didn't ship 1 year late, was a wonderful bonus !)

The crossover with Blood Rage works with the Nordheim extension I think. I'll find the source and come back to edit my post.

edit : news #101 from the Conan Kickstarter page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoum wrote:
Phantomwhale wrote:

The crossover with Blood Rage works with the Nordheim extension I think. I'll find the source and come back to edit my post.

edit : news #101 from the Conan Kickstarter page.

Yep, it was the Nordheim expansion. Update 101 from March 5, 2015:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/conan/posts/1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seb seb2
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure why people want hundreds of scenarios already.
there's already 16 scenarios,that's a lot of hours of gameplay (and i am not sure all the people will play the 16 anyway),and in april there are the expansions,and the campaign book (where the King box minis will be used).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:
there's already 16 scenarios,that's a lot of hours of gameplay (and i am not sure all the people will play the 16 anyway),and in april there are the expansions,and the campaign book (where the King box minis will be used).

It's not about how many scenarios we have.

The point is: the product descriptions promise more than was delivered, and those promises influenced purchasing decisions. The technical term for that is False Advertising.

That is my complaint. The add-on minis are currently, as someone else put it, purely decorative (and were not cheap decorations, either).

Again: not a huge deal in this context, all things considered, just mildy disappointing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tilou
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belsamoreth wrote:

To use the addons?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. S.
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
from my perspective people are too focused on the preselection of heroes in a scenario setup.
even with the calculations budala made in the referenced thread, nice work by the way , I think you can almost always exchange heroes arbitrarily, and if you still think it might get to easy just leave a hero out - better too hard than too easy for the heroes, right?

with that you can use the add-on heroes almost out of the box, and the same holds generally for minions, monsters and leaders as long as you stay in their type.

to be honest, I treat the game more like a coop game at least when it comes to balance where hitting the absolute balance between the sides is unnecessary as long as you don't make it too easy or impossible for the hero side. Of course, if you want equal winning chances for both sides balancing is a bit harder.

the rest is a matter of trying it out

PS: sure there are some outliers which shouldn't be swapped 1:1
PPS: and yes, I want some scenarios for the add-ons too, in particular for their thematic usage of the added pieces, however I think I will busy enough until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oak Wolf
msg tools
The game should have included rules to swap heroes and enemies from the start. This is a major flaw to me. Every hero should have its own starting equipment, a bit like warhammer quest does, and monsters should have a point value so you can swap them out (with some categories like ranged troops, infantry, beasts, heroes, huge monsters, etc.).

Otherwise there's absolutely no point to the extra heroes and monsters unless someone loves to design scenarios and your gaming groups love to house rule everything. This quickly become work rather than game.

As it is, it's more a "create your own balance" which is tedious at best when it needs to be done 3-4 times until a proper balance is found...and then you just want to try another scenario because you're bored of the first.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sybaris wrote:
The game should have included rules to swap heroes and enemies from the start. This is a major flaw to me. Every hero should have its own starting equipment, a bit like warhammer quest does

FWIW, i rather like that they made starting equipment scenario-specific, but, yes, it does drastically complicate swapping out characters. (Also FWIW, i detest WQACG (for completely other reasons), but that's a tale for another forum.)

Sybaris wrote:
Otherwise there's absolutely no point to the extra heroes and monsters unless someone loves to design scenarios and your gaming groups love to house rule everything. This quickly become work rather than game

Can't disagree with that. Nonetheless, i'm enjoying the game and am glad to have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donato
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All heroes, leaders and monsters are from the stories. Why not try to recreate these stories using the miniatures?

Conan is not an Olympic sport. There are no prizes to be won when winning this game.

If you want a perfectly balanced game, play chess.

Have fun. Pick a map, pick a scenario, pick four heroes, pick appropiate equipment, pick a leader and a couple of minions and go for it! Too easy? Pick other heroes. Too difficult? Try another leader.

Have fun! Laugh! Don't make it a competitive sport...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.