Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I KNOW that the game of Academy can be used in Arena battles, and that the cards in Academy are, in general, weaker than the Arena spells

However, I am wondering if there is SOME backwards compatibility with some of the Arena cards..

I do not know enough about Arena, and have read Academy rulebook and played one game.. but.. Are there Arena spells of level 1-3 in the Academy schools of magic? Any Arena Wizards who might work in Academy?

I had planned to get the priestess and Warlock expansions for Academy which (thank you) do not come with Spellbooks..buying spellbooks seperately seems.. expensive.

However, if I can find a Arena core box that has some spell compatibilty or mage usage for Academy, AND comes with spell books, then maybe that might be a good pick up....

Looking back, I seem to be rambling..

TlDr, can I use some Arena stuff in Academy or is it all too powerful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brett
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official answer is no; can't use Arena in Academy.

Academy expansions don't come with spell books to keep the price down. If you want to get more spellbooks, there are a number of small card binders that would be cheaper... but you don't get the nice art work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Brosman
United States
Roanoke
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Academy was design specifically with Academy in mind. Arena cards are not comparable with Academy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
90% of Arena cards are too strong to use in Academy (due to the everybody hang out in the same zone).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Leitzel
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the insights..

however, 90% of arena is unuseable, implies that SOME could be..

guess I will just hit the ebay or some such and look for spellbooks or binders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Brett
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Possibly; but both players would have to agree (which kinda reveals what cards your using), also time it would take AW to playtest then write an official list; would be time taken away from future releases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.