Fall Blau: Army Group South, June-December 1942» Forums » Rules

Subject: Prepared assault table, 4-1 Clear column rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E M
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here is the situation: Germans (combat strength of 8) are attacking a soviet unit (combat strength of 2). Ratio is 4-1 and the defenders are on clear terrain, no other modifiers.

I roll a 7, go to the prepared assault table and I see a A(1)/Dr2 result, so, if I get the result correctly, attacker loses one step and defender retreats 2 hexes. If I rolled a 6 or a 5 or even 2 would be a better result than this. If I rolled a 7 I would get a better result even with a 2-1 ratio.

I don't want to lose that step soblue

Is there some errata in that table or is there some kind of punishment against people getting 7s with a 4 to 1 ratio (magic and/or prime number, the number was worn by a hated rival pitcher/quarterback/shooting guard...) ?

HELP cry

Thanks in advance, kind people meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Blanchett
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing wrong with the table. You are correct about the results. They are set to percentages and I purposely mixed things up for the 4-1 and 5-1 column. I could have left all the results jumbled because you are rolling a 10-sided die... but a few odd results are enough to stir things up.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E M
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, great to get a quick response :)

Not so great to confirm that I lose that step, Adolf is gonna ki...demote me :soblue:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.