Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the original game it was noted that you got 2 porto tiles when you first add a vineyard to an estate.

Has this changed? The way the rules read now, it seems that you get the bonus every time you choose the vineyard action.

Also, if you have 2 different douro estates, are the porto tiles assigned to a specific estate or just to a player, who can then use them in any douro estates?

Thanks.

(is 2 expert bonus also only on first vineyard in an estate for Setúbal?)

edit:

found this in the corner:

Quote:
Note: The second Vineyard in an Estate never doubles any of the bonuses listed above. This is true for every region, in all versions of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(it is possible the language about first estate is hidden somewhere in the rules that I'm missing)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it in the Reference Book, last page? The first vineyard from Douro in an estate gets you 2 porto tiles. If you get a second in the same estate, it does nothing.But if you took a second vineyard from Douros and put it in a new estate you would get the 2 porto tiles. Unless I misunderstood your question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
Isn't it in the Reference Book, last page? The first vineyard from Douro in an estate gets you 2 porto tiles. If you get a second in the same estate, it does nothing.But if you took a second vineyard from Douros and put it in a new estate you would get the 2 porto tiles. Unless I misunderstood your question.

agreed, I saw the clarification in the corner. it was listed in a different place in the original rules, which is why I initial missed it.

But what remains is the 2nd half to my question.

I have 2 douro estates, can I used the porto tiles in any of my douro estates or are they assigned to a specific estate. (I don't think the rules address this, but I could definitely see reasons why one might want to do this)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
from the old version:

Re: Douro vineyard

previously they were tied to the specific estate that obtained them, so I'll assume that remained the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm assuming it goes on the same Estate that the Vineyard is placed into. Thematically it would make sense that it comes with the vineyard and not used for any of your Douros wine's on other estates. I didn't see any clear rule on that though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Collins
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, iirc, if you select the porto tiles in setup, then you must use one of them immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Geller
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
j41c wrote:
Also, iirc, if you select the porto tiles in setup, then you must use one of them immediately.

Nope

Reference rulebook, page 9 wrote:
If you choose Douro as your ‘Initial Vineyard' immediately receive a wine tile valued 2 or a wine tile valued 5 depending on your decision to produce Douro or Porto wine

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
indianajo883 wrote:

agreed, I saw the clarification in the corner. it was listed in a different place in the original rules, which is why I initial missed it.

I have 2 douro estates, can I used the porto tiles in any of my douro estates or are they assigned to a specific estate. (I don't think the rules address this, but I could definitely see reasons why one might want to do this)

In the description of Douro it does not state that they have to be tied to a specific Douro Estate, only that they can ONLY be used for Douro wines, so it appears that as long as you follow that rule you are good to use them for any Douro wine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
indianajo883 wrote:

In the description of Douro it does not state that they have to be tied to a specific Douro Estate, only that they can ONLY be used for Douro wines, so it appears that as long as you follow that rule you are good to use them for any Douro wine.

Vital clarified that for the 1st edition of the game it was tied to the estate. So since it wasn't listed as a change I assume it is still the case.

But official clarification wouldn't hurt.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.