Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very interested in this game. A quick google search yielded nothing. Where can i get a copy of this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sadly not. I'm a backer on the first Kickstarter for Z. The Kickstarter is something of a neverending omnishambles. The guy seems genuinely nice enough, and still to this day seems determined to get the game out. I'm sure he'll get some semblance of the digital version out at some point, but I long ago gave up on ever seeing the physical copy I backed for.

It's a shame, as back in 2012 when the first Kickstarter ran, Z. could've been at the head of the online TCGs, and the 'zombie craze'. But it's 4 years later and both those ships have sailed long ago. I only recently realised that they had run a third Kickstarter for this (I stopped paying close attention a year after the second) - I can't really believe that anybody actually backed it, but there ya go - some people just don't do their research.

The funny thing is, back when I backed this, I wasn't in to 'designer games', BGG, and all that at all. I had backed a tech project (the original Pebble watch) on kickstarter, and surfing the site I came accross Z and thought it sounded fun. After backing it lead me to look at other game kickstarters, which in turn led to BGG, The Dice Tower etc etc. 4 years later, I have 100 games in my collection and many fun nights of playing them with friends and family. So although I never got Z., I'll always be thankful to it in a way, for providing my gateway to this awesome hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy Crawford - Greybeard
United States
Amarillo
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
Sadly not. I'm a backer on the first Kickstarter for Z. The Kickstarter is something of a neverending omnishambles. The guy seems genuinely nice enough, and still to this day seems determined to get the game out. I'm sure he'll get some semblance of the digital version out at some point, but I long ago gave up on ever seeing the physical copy I backed for.

It's a shame, as back in 2012 when the first Kickstarter ran, Z. could've been at the head of the online TCGs, and the 'zombie craze'. But it's 4 years later and both those ships have sailed long ago. I only recently realised that they had run a third Kickstarter for this (I stopped paying close attention a year after the second) - I can't really believe that anybody actually backed it, but there ya go - some people just don't do their research.

The funny thing is, back when I backed this, I wasn't in to 'designer games', BGG, and all that at all. I had backed a tech project (the original Pebble watch) on kickstarter, and surfing the site I came accross Z and thought it sounded fun. After backing it lead me to look at other game kickstarters, which in turn led to BGG, The Dice Tower etc etc. 4 years later, I have 100 games in my collection and many fun nights of playing them with friends and family. So although I never got Z., I'll always be thankful to it in a way, for providing my gateway to this awesome hobby.

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the woes this has caused. Not cool.

I really dig the photographic art styles in games and the art really kinda sucked me in, sad to hear the condition that it's in.

Glad to hear you are just as addicted to the boardgames as me though, ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phaelen2003 wrote:
bazpoint wrote:

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the woes this has caused. Not cool.

I really dig the photographic art styles in games and the art really kinda sucked me in, sad to hear the condition that it's in.

Glad to hear you are just as addicted to the boardgames as me though, ha!

Yeah... plenty more games on the shelf, so not the end of the world!

Ironically I think it's the photography that really bogged the project down - the creator is clearly really into the photography, and (in my opinion) they spent far too much time on getting models and doing fancy photo shoots, then obsessing over tiny differences in photoshop effects, and kinda let the whole "make a card game" bit fall by the wayside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.