Dallas Tucker
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
Yo ho, me hearties!
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased 2x Force Awakens Core sets for my sons, so tournaments are in the far future, but I want to ask now before I make more purchases. I am living in Korea right now, and the local game stores have the Korean language versions of X-Wing. I purchased the starters from Amazon and had them shipped (I wanted physical English rules, etc.), but in the future I may buy ships here in Korea. Would the Korean language cards from FFG be allowed at a tourney in the States (provided that I printed an English version stating what they do), or would I need to have actual English cards from FFG? Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Official FFG products are acceptable in all tournaments. Its also a good idea you have to print a copy with the English text so that folks unfamiliar can understand the card's use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was at 2015 World's many of my opponents had non English cards. Not a problem but it would be nice to have translations in case someone is unfamiliar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The R5Donth Star II
Canada
Hamilton
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Biggest issue for your opponent when you are using a foreign language card is usually for the damage deck, as you have English core sets that won't be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dallas Tucker
South Korea
Seoul
flag msg tools
Yo ho, me hearties!
badge
What is the good life?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies everyone! I have a feeling that my apartment will fill up with little ships in no time now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.