Hide
8 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Sleeves for Baseball highlights 2045 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Abbott
msg tools
New to the hobby and wanted to purchase baseball highlights 2045. I have watched a lot of reviews and seems like a great game. I want to sleeve the cards, but unsure which sleeves are best.

I looked at the geek list and there are several options. Being new to sleeving / the hobby, which sleeves have you used for this game, what is good? Below is the list of the sleeves they say work for the game. Which is best?

This includes the base game of Baseball Highlights: 2045, along with the first five expansions, in a single box.

Number of cards: 180
Pro-Fit/Perfect-Fit sleeves are too narrow for these cards.

Arcane Tinmen sleeve size: Standard - Gray (AT-10406, 100/pack) - (63 x 88mm)
BCW sleeve size: Deck Guard - Clear (1-DG-CLE, 50/pack)
Dragon Shield sleeve size: Standard Size (AT-10201, 50/pack; AT-10001, 100/pack) - (67 x 91mm)
Fantasy Flight sleeve size: Standard Card Game - Gray (FFS05, 50/pack) - (2-1/2" x 3-1/2" - 63.5 x 88mm)
KMC sleeve size: Standard Size (80/pack) - (66 x 91mm)
LaTCG sleeve size: Clear Pokemon/Magic The Gathering Soft Card Sleeves (100/pack) - (64.5 x 92mm)
Mage Company sleeve size: Standard Playing Card (MCG 032, 50/pack) - (65 x 90mm)
Mayday sleeve size: Card Game - Green: Standard (MDG-7041, 100/pack) or Premium (MDG-7077, 50/pack) - (63.5 x 88mm)
MTL sleeve size: Soft TCG (MTL163, 100/pack) or Thick TCG (MTL263, 50/pack) - (63.5 x 88mm)
Swan PanAsia sleeve size: Standard Card: Standard (SWN-032, 160/pack) or Premium (SWN-510, 100/pack) - (65 x 90mm)
Thai Boardgame sleeve size: #1 for 63x88mm cards (100/pack)
Ultimate Guard sleeve size: Standard Size: Classic Soft (UGD010001, 100/pack) or Premium Soft (UGD010051, 100/pack) - (66 x 93mm); Supreme (UGD010114, 80/pack) or Master (UGD010090, 80/pack) - (66 x 91mm)
Ultra-Pro sleeve size: Clear Standard Deck Protector (82689, 100/pack) - (66 x 91mm)

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J.
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had very good success with UltraPro, personally. I don't use it on Baseball Highlights, but they are generally very good quality and last a long time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Marowske
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have mine sleeved with the Ultra Pro. I believe you will find the FFG sleeves are too long to fit back in the insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I sleeved mine with the Fantasy Flight grey sleeves. I'm very happy with how things turned out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
esquire468 wrote:
I have mine sleeved with the Ultra Pro. I believe you will find the FFG sleeves are too long to fit back in the insert.

The FFG sleeves do extend a bit past the edge of the card, but they fit in the insert just fine and I have the Super Deluxe version with all the expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Item for Geeklist "Card Sleeve Sizes for Games"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Abbott
msg tools
I read that, and the above options are the ones listed. I wanted to know which ones are best ( look and fit).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
I use Ultra Pro Deck Protector for Baseball Highlights 2045, not a bad fit. On the minus, it has a little hologram logo, which I dislike. I find it tolerable to have the logo on the back face of the cards rather than front.

On other games I have used Fantasy Flight, which has no annoying logo, but usually costs more here than the Ultra Pro. It has a less snug fit, which I generally don't find to be a problem, personally, and with a few games, I find the Ultra Pro to be a little too snug, causing some bowing (I had this with BattleCon).

More recently I have started using Dragon Shield. These are nice too, but not obviously superior in my opinion despite being the most expensive option here. Also the fit is really quite snug and on some cards, I find it a little too snug, where the cards are bowing a little bit. I tried a Dragon Shield on a Baseball Highlights card and it is sort of okay but a tiny bit tighter than I would like, the card looks like it is very slightly bowing to me.

Other than finding the Ultra Pro logo a bit annoying, I am pretty happy with all three generally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.