6 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: 3D Door Colors? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mister Mister
msg tools
mb
I just received the new 3D Doors pack from retail and I have a question. I did some looking around here and didn't see an existing answer for this.

I get why there are green and blue door bases, to coincide with the green/blue door tile objectives in the missions.

But why all the other colors? Did they do that just for homebrew, or have they stated it will be for expansions or what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it in one, the extra colours are for homebrew missions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
In 'modern-day' Zombicide, thee are lots of colours. Perhaps these doors anticipated future needs for Z:BP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mister Mister
msg tools
mb
Thanks guys!

Homebrew made a certain amount of sense to me, but I didn't know about the door colors in modern Z-Cide.

"Future proofing" them for expansions is a great idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for the modern zombicide doors;
Blue/green are standard
white/purple are for prison doors/switch and yellow for switch related doors for season 2
the Mall doors are for the toxic city mall expansion
and the other colors come with season 3 so all colors are eventually needed if you play any of the related scenarios.

im sure for Z: BP more colors will eventually be used as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
QorDaq H'Nter
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not really adding anything new here, but as an observation; with Zcide Modern, CMoN was initially unsure how successful terrain packs would be, so they added things somewhat piecemeal to the KS projects.

The door sets, for Modern were exclusives.

Z:BP, is the first time we are seeing a terrain set go to market, so I'm thinking that the future-proofing implies not only that future sets will have additional door colors, but also that doors are in enough demand that it makes sense for them to make a one-set fits all kind of thing.

I feel that the homebrew advantages, on the other hand, are mostly a happy bonus. All of that said, I was a little surprised that Massive Darkness got its own door set, better long-term thinking would have been to make more generic terrain sets that could work with multiple games. MD does not require colored doorsteps while Z:BP does, however, it would have been cheaper to make a set of grey doorsteps for MD...

But, I'm a sucker, I'll have both and will happily mix and match for more variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.