4,572 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
28.8% of Goal | 29 Days Left

Support:

Chase Toffee
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually tend to be the guy who buys large expensive big boxed games. I finally got to sell some of the games I have not played for a while, but when I started to look up for new games, I noticed that once again my list of potential games was filling up with more expensive and larger game titles. For example Mansions of Madness 2nd edition, Blood Rage and Cry Havoc, all games that at least in Finland range from 80-100€ per game.

Theme is a big thing for me when buying games, and I have had an eye out for MoM 2nd edition for a long time, but now I´m questioning whether I should buy 2-3 games or 1 of the bigger games. Do you guys think that these big box games are worth it in the end?

ps. Majority of my games are somewhat "heavy" and the rest are just light fillers, mostly card games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Strobel
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to have a nice mix of complexity in my collection. Sometimes you just feel like something light and simple(blueprints) and and sometimes you want to torture yourself with something(Terra Mystica).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Drog
United States
Ponte Vedra Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Food Chain Magnate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The games you listed are expensive because of the minis. If you're into painting miniatures, that's a whole other hobby on top of actually playing the game that you wouldn't get any other way - so if that's the case, they should be worth their comparatively high price. If you're not into minis, however, I actually don't think that Mansions of Madness is any more thematic than cheaper mini-less alternatives like Eldritch Horror or Dead of Winter.

Or you could do what I've been doing lately: Get into political cosims, which are both expensive and contain nothing but cardboard. Best of both worlds, really. gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.