$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
40.6% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

The Others» Forums » General

Subject: For those of you who went "all in" - what has been your favorite "box" so far rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hey everyone,

I got a play in of this a couple days ago(finally) and really enjoyed it. Im curious, as I only KS'd at the 'core' level, what those who have everything think is the best expansion content they have recieved?

Im asking because I may now keep collecting the rest of the available boxes (Delta team, Gamma, Ragnarok, Apocalypse).

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Apocalypse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Flaviorbs wrote:
Apocalypse.

Haha, I kind of guessed this might be the answer. Any reason why in particular?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd say Gamma Team. New heroes, including another werewolf and Gorilla, new city tiles, and new Acolytes.

Apocalypse is neat, but it doesn't add variety like Gamma (or Delta) does.

Of course, you make the right choice in trying to get it all. Don't forget the art book!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
GIlbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you check the BGG files section, some kind and artistic soul has made skill cards representing all of the heroes, including the exclusive ones. Print them off on nice cardstock and substitute that for all the heroes in the game. You can also easily look up the acolyte powers and use those for your existing pieces.

What you'll really miss out on doing this for the Team sets is the physical minis (heroes + acolytes), map tiles, equipment cards, and FAITH dice. For Ragnarok, you just miss out on the minis.

Apocalypse looks beautiful, but I doubt my group will get to it for a long while, based on how tough the matches are for the heroes so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kasey HR
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
San Dee Jota wrote:
I'd say Gamma Team. New heroes, including another werewolf and Gorilla, new city tiles, and new Acolytes.

Apocalypse is neat, but it doesn't add variety like Gamma (or Delta) does.

Of course, you make the right choice in trying to get it all. Don't forget the art book!

Wow, Im actually a little surprised Gamma got mentioned (just from memory of whats included). The variety does sound nice, although, I wonder how much tiles actually vary the gameplay (just because the number of different possible combinations of those city actions couldnt be that high I imagine.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederik Wunderlich
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any of the Team boxes as they offer the mos change in variety:
new heroes and new enemies, new equipment, new tiles, new missions.
Nest I think Apocalypse, then the men of faith and Sons of ragnarök.
The lat stuff I would get are the sin boxes...

I went all in on the KS including all optional boxes, Artbook and lithographs. I did not get plastic or extra markers, though I kind of regret not ordering the extra tentacles...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
What is your favorite part of game team, as compared to delta team?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.