Hide
8 Posts

Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Number of scenarios? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Solo
msg tools
So I'm pretty new to this game (just picked it up last night) and I apologize if this has been asked a bunch. Is there an idea of how much DLC there is/will be in the near future? From the info I've gathered it looks like there are 6 so far? Plus two common in the next expansion next year, plus at least one more that will be $2.99 this winter? Is this the extent of it so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rindfleisch
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are correct in your current count.

4 in the base game
2 more in the existing expansions (or 1st edition components if you have them)
2 in the upcoming expansion early next year
At least 1 as DLC this winter.

I'm sure we'll hear about more as time goes on, but for now this is all that has been announced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
But the scenarios have replay value. And considering how recently the game came out, announcing/releasing five since launch is a pretty significant number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
I will find Myntokk and I will eat him.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it right that the 2 expansions, at fifty bucks each have only one scenario each?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes but they also expand the variability of the four base scenarios. Your question could have been answered by reading the product description. You can assume information provided by the manufacturer is true.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ghbell wrote:
Is it right that the 2 expansions, at fifty bucks each have only one scenario each?

Yes, because those expansions were rushed out the door to re-release all the physical bits from 1ed. If you think they're a waste of money (I do), then don't buy them.

The latest announced expansion specifically designed for 2ed will actually be cheaper (I believe it's $40) and have more scenario content. Still a little steep IMO, but looking potentially like a better deal depending upon how much variability the new stuff adds and what kind of retail discounts end up surfacing (I will not pay $40).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, thanks for the tip!

You are down right generous and helpful with your knowledge!

KoalaXav wrote:
Yes but they also expand the variability of the four base scenarios. Your question could have been answered by reading the product description. You can assume information provided by the manufacturer is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G B
United States
Crown Point
Indiana
flag msg tools
NO! I'M SPARTACUS!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gotcha! Thanks!

amodman wrote:
ghbell wrote:

Yes, because those expansions were rushed out the door to just re-release all the physical bits from 1ed. If you think they're a waste of money (I do), then don't buy them.

The latest announced expansion specifically designed for 2ed will actually be cheaper (I believe it's $40) and have more scenario content. Still a little steep IMO, but looking potentially like a better deal depending upon how much variability the new stuff adds and what kind of retail discounts end up surfacing (I will not pay $40).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.