9 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Where's my game!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Long
msg tools
I wanted to be the first to complain!

I have fought my way through the ordering process, paid and the game hasn't magically appeared on my doorstep! What I have to wait for it to arrive!!!

For all of the haters and complainers, that was no worse that a CMON kickstarter rush for early buys and at least you still pay the same whether you are 1st or 15000th.

But, please please don't let us have 2 weeks of complaining now because your game hasn't arrived. Riot games have done something special with this for us and we should be appreciative of that.

I for one say thank you and will look forward to playing WHEN it arrives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Wheres my game " --- LOL love it!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oran Barraclough
Australia
Windang
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
What are you talking about? My game just arrived
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played mine to death since it arrived 30 minutes ago. Where's the expansions? Come on Riot, this really isn't good enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
sysreq wrote:

I have fought my way through the ordering process, paid and the game hasn't magically appeared on my doorstep! What I have to wait for it to arrive!!!

For all of the haters and complainers, that was no worse that a CMON kickstarter rush for early buys and at least you still pay the same whether you are 1st or 15000th.

But, please please don't let us have 2 weeks of complaining now because your game hasn't arrived. Riot games have done something special with this for us and we should be appreciative of that.

You got me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oran Barraclough
Australia
Windang
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmb
[q="carlwhite"]I've played mine to death since it arrived 30 minutes ago.

Me too, this game is awesome! They should think about turning this IP into some kind of computer game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
carlwhite wrote:
I've played mine to death since it arrived 30 minutes ago. Where's the expansions? Come on Riot, this really isn't good enough.

What are you talking about, the first 3 expansions are already sold out, I have been playing them for the last 10 minuets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl White
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBigB00 wrote:

What are you talking about, the first 3 expansions are already sold out, I have been playing them for the last 10 minuets

Curse you Riot! I demand overwhelming financial compensation for your astonishing inability to predict and instantly service my varied and unreasonable expectations, whatever they may turn out to be. What were you thinking? Amateurs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Campbell
United States
Falls Church
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sysreq wrote:

I'm sorry, but I heartily disagree with parts of your statement. I can wait several hours after a kickstarter begins and simply pay a small amount more, yet get the game at the same time as those who braved the servers for an early bird. In this particular case, I'm stuck refreshing a website for more than an hour now to try to get the game before next year. This is not a matter of a small percentage of the purchase cost; instead, it is a case of a three to six month difference in receiving the game simply because neither I nor my wife, each trying on different networks, have been fortunate enough to connect to Riot's checkout servers.

For those who care to argue that a six month difference in arrival does not matter, I simply ask that you try to empathize with others rather than living in your own worlds. Children require different amounts of attention at different ages. Coursework and jobs require different hours at different points. I will not have the time next year to game that I have this year, and that is a good enough reason for me to be unhappy with this situation.

I also don't think that someone complaining about not being able to order a game due to server issues is equivalent to someone complaining that a game has not been shipped soon enough after an order has been made. That's a difference between access and arrival. There are already several threads wherein people indicate they are simply giving up, and I am on that threshold myself. It is not unreasonable for these people to be put off or unhappy by that situation, and making a false equivalency between that and people complaining that their game has not yet arrived is both fallacious and insulting.

Those folks who have either given up or will not get their game until March of next year do not have anything in particular of which to be appreciative - they want to spend their money on something and are being denied of that opportunity, or are having to invest funds for a significantly longer time before getting the return on their investment, simply for not being lucky in the equivalent of an internet lottery.

I'm happy for you that you managed to get the game. I fail to see why your success gives you the authority to denigrate others who were not successful, or to otherwise put down their legitimate concerns and complaints.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.