Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, I have been on BGG for years now and even I can't believe how much whining people are doing about trying to purchase this game. I have never experienced so much self righteous entitlement before in my life.

Take a pill. Sit down. Relax a little. Maybe try a little deep breathing. I too have been trying to purchase the game for an hour, but I'm perfectly ok with waiting until later today or tomorrow or even into the New Year if that's what it takes to get my order in.

I just find this so disheartening to be seeing so many negative posts about a very cool and exciting game. I sure hope that none of you have to wait for a doctor to give you the results of a test that could spin your entire life sideways.

First World Problems, I know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cap'n Howdy
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WHERE'S MY GAME
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander

Salt Lake City
Utah
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm. A thread whining about whining...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Sandy
UT
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All I wanted was a Corki hat. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ooNOFXoo wrote:
Hmmm. A thread whining about whining...

Hey, at least it's more original than the dozen or more threads whining about not being able to buy a freaking game. I feel if they have the right to complain, then I have a right to complain about their sense of entitlement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Batterton
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
SpiderCat. Direct from the 9th plane of Hell. Adoptions are held every 666 days .
mbmbmbmbmb

Seriously, I WANT this game. I don't NEED this game.

Now, later or never, I am sure I will survive one way or another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefaan Henderickx
Belgium
Burcht
Antwerp
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I am going to start a thread to whine about the threads about people whining about the people whining.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stefaan wrote:
I think I am going to start a thread to whine about the threads about people whining about the people whining.

I would give it thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex S
msg tools
Everyone has the right to be frustrated, I know we are frustrated over here by the fact that we weren't able to make the purchasing experience great for y'all.

We are working as hard as we can, which currently isn't good enough (obviously). I'm truly sorry that we haven't provided the best experience thus far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Easy for you to say...you got your game!

This is an outrage!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
What a riot.. ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Wall
United States
Brighton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RiotAstryx wrote:
Everyone has the right to be frustrated, I know we are frustrated over here by the fact that we weren't able to make the purchasing experience great for y'all.

We are working as hard as we can, which currently isn't good enough (obviously). I'm truly sorry that we haven't provided the best experience thus far.

You have now experienced the power of board gamers to take down any site! Muhahah

Don't worry about it. People will complain, but in the end it will work out. They just might get it a few days later. The same thing has happened to Coolstuff, Miniature Market, and others.

Now WHERE is my game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Man, I have been on BGG for years now and even I can't believe how much whining people are doing about trying to purchase this game. I have never experienced so much self righteous entitlement before in my life.

Take a pill. Sit down. Relax a little. Maybe try a little deep breathing. I too have been trying to purchase the game for an hour, but I'm perfectly ok with waiting until later today or tomorrow or even into the New Year if that's what it takes to get my order in.

I just find this so disheartening to be seeing so many negative posts about a very cool and exciting game. I sure hope that none of you have to wait for a doctor to give you the results of a test that could spin your entire life sideways.

Agreed! Imagine people on the hottest board gaming site being this worked up about not being able to secure their copy. Truly just unthinkable.

If only we could all be as apathetic as you everything would go so much smoother. Thanks for being better than all of us, the world needs more self aware people like you to keep us and our enthusiasm in check!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Expecting the website to not crash under the load of people for one of the most anticipated games is not outrageous at all. Especially a company that has made there money on and online game. There servers should of been able to handle this, there is no excuse for this to be happening. 90+ minutes and I still keep timing out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wrightboy wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:

Agreed! Imagine people on the hottest board gaming site being this worked up about not being able to secure their copy. Truly just unthinkable.

If only we could all be as apathetic as you everything would go so much smoother. Thanks for being better than all of us, the world needs more self aware people like you to keep us and our enthusiasm in check!

He's not apathetic. He's disheartened. I feel bad that he's lost his heart and that he can't believe this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not apathetic or disheartened. Just a realist I'm afraid. Anyone who expected to be able to log in this morning and secure a copy with no wait time is unrealistic in my opinion. What did you expect when this was announced several weeks ago and the launch was timed for a very specific day and time?

This sense of entitlement that Riot should have systems in place to guarantee a zero wait time is laughable. I guess everyone who tried to purchase a copy at 11:00 and was denied should also get a participation ribbon too?

By the way, it's been 2.5 hours and I still haven't been able to purchase a copy and I'm still trying. Not worried. I'll get mine when things die down and the servers recover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Roth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lubomirvaic wrote:
Anyone who expected to be able to log in this morning and secure a copy with no wait time is unrealistic in my opinion.

So you're saying it was reasonable to expect that the servers would be hammered? Apparently it wasn't because Riot didn't anticipate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Morris
Canada
Kelowna
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geldan wrote:
lubomirvaic wrote:
Anyone who expected to be able to log in this morning and secure a copy with no wait time is unrealistic in my opinion.

So you're saying it was reasonable to expect that the servers would be hammered? Apparently it wasn't because Riot didn't anticipate it.

Wow. You seriously thought there would be no delay? I'm shocked, but ok. As for Riot, sure externally they said they would be ok, but I'm sure they knew deep down that they knew they couldn't handle several thousand purchases at the same time, but would never officially announce that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.