Hide
10 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: $5 Shipping to VA - for this - WOW! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roman Helms
msg tools
Say what one will about all the trouble involved in actually getting this thing purchased on day one (90minutes hitting F5), but I will go on record saying this:
1) RIOT did a fine job of posting to BGG and updating us with, as best they could, the state of affairs, including best guess availability,
2) RIOT appears to be committed to both a well-produced game, getting it out to everyone that wants one (sooner of later), and honest, open communicaiton; and
3) they only charged $5 to ship this to VA. I was expecting a lot more, and frankly RIOT was in a position here to increase their $$Take, but clearly chose a better way. To me, that says more than anything about this company.
Until shown otherwise, ROIT has my support.
(And I assume gained some good insight into the Check-Out Cart capacity...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Thompson
United States
California
flag msg tools
I'm not sure about other states but we here in CA (where RIOT is located) are getting charged $5.63 for tax. So you may be getting it cheaper.

I wish I could just drive over to RIOT HQ and grab a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Sickler
msg tools
mbmbmb
$20 shipping to AK, but that's to be expected. I'm just glad I was able to order a copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Allen
msg tools
Didn't get charged tax in TX either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No tax and $5 shipping here in Arizona. California has a lot of crazy regulations and laws though, so I would not be surprised to see a tax.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Salch
United States
Bristol
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be the "tax" guy.

If your state has a sales and use tax, you are responsible to pay the tax. (it's called self-assess)

If a company has a presence in your state it is required to collect the tax.

So California, they charge the tax. Probably Wisconsin where their warehouse is. But not Texas (or Connecticut)

You are supposed to self assess!
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cost $20 to ship to Hawaii.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Five bucks to sunny Florida and no sales tax!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
mbmbmb
Positivity doesn't belong here, I called in sick to work for this so really the game cost me $200 shipping.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Naterrs wrote:
$20 shipping to AK, but that's to be expected. I'm just glad I was able to order a copy!

I thought $20 to Alaska was a great deal especially as much as CMoN keeps charging us up here. They (CMoN) must use Sled Dog Service. . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.