Subject: Mission accomplished. Try paypal rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Two and half hours of trying (man this game better be good for that effort)
I thought I was good, finally after continually adding /////s one more after every time out I got through. Only to enter in my credit card info click complete order. To receive an endless spinning and another time out. I figured it was sold out. So I finally got the checkout page to load again, this time I tried paypal, and it went through instantly.

So not sure if this helps anyone else, but try paypal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Briarcliff Manor
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whereas PayPal, for me, timed out incessantly but the credit card processor -- when I was finally able to get it to load -- went through on the first try.

What a mess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Well than, I guess it is just of matter of getting lucky then. When it is your turn in line it goes through!

Complete mess. The biggest problem is, this is an online juggernaut company. They have made there money from an online game. This is a board game of 30k copies, not millions, and there merch store can't handle the load! That is kind of sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Thompson
United States
California
flag msg tools
I did the /////// method every time it times out and it worked. I used that method every step of the way. Tried using CC but it timed out and emptied my cart. No conformation emails. So then I went through the process again using PayPal. I got to PayPal screen and after I processed it it went back to Riot and then promptly timed out. I noticed the url had "confirmation" in it so I refreshed with more //// and the confirmation page came up. I also got the conformation email from PayPal and Riot immediately. Thank god it's over!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Mcgee
msg tools
Sorry to hear that people are having problems placing an order. I... Have accidentally ordered it through PayPal because I though it would give me a final check to confirm. The exchange rate of GBP to Europe before it went through. Whoops.

Seemed smooth for me, so hopefully other will also be able to place orders soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathieu brunet
msg tools
mb
Thank you Sirs for the the /////// hack for the website, coudl order mine with paypal payment. the change rate for canada and import charges bleed me a bit but can wait to see how shipment will go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karen Knoblaugh
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm finally in checkout but it isn't giving me payment options. Does that mean it's gone or still slow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It's slow. Took a couple minutes after providing my address for the payment options to show.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
HOLY F***!!! THREE and a half hours, countless timeouts, and I'l probably get fired since nothing got done at work today, but I finally made it through to a completed checkout. Paypal was the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Leo
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
Karenv731 wrote:
I'm finally in checkout but it isn't giving me payment options. Does that mean it's gone or still slow?

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Zebel
Mexico
Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
thank you Glen for the //// trick!! It really worked!!!

For everyone reading this, after you time out on the first proceed to check out, add a / before reloading.

I have no idea how it works, but it does!!

BTW I had no trouble paying with credit card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.