9 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Estimated shipping date? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
For those lucky few of us who got an order through (3 hours of refreshing for me), do we know when the game will ship/how long it'll take to get delivered? Is it a 3-5 business day sort of thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read along these forums that games could take around 10-12 days to arrive home. They're ready to ship about 2k games per day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm more concerned with how they are going to package it for shipping.

They keep saying how they have never done a board game before, so I wonder if they are going to try and ship in a bubble mailer like some new KS creators do, of if they have proper boxes and padding for these.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin "Coop" Cooper
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
Just Coop.
badge
What?
mbmbmbmbmb
In one of the thousands of posts today someone (not Riot) mentioned they would be shipping 200 orders per day. I really hope that is wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Hell
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I remember 2000 per day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
I'm more concerned with how they are going to package it for shipping.

They keep saying how they have never done a board game before, so I wonder if they are going to try and ship in a bubble mailer like some new KS creators do, of if they have proper boxes and padding for these.

Have you seen the size of the box? They don't make Godzilla-sized buble mailers.

So it will definitely get in a box. Although its hard to say how well it will be packed. Of course, even with minimum packaging, I'd bet 80% of shipping damage comes from the final handler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xabier P
Spain
Donostia
Gipuzkoa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it:

Riot Kades wrote:
Our distribution warehouse is actually in Wisconsin.

I think, at most, we can ship 2k units a day, so if we quickly sell out, it will probably take a week or so to process all of the orders. Plus there will be some transit time. I'd much rather manage your expectations here than to feel like I unintentionally 'promised' something by not speaking up. I suspect units will begin arriving between 2 days and 2 weeks of the order being placed. There may be new complications that arise as we're going through this, but I can assure you we won't be taking orders and then heading to some backroom and doing high-fives. We'll work to get it out to you as quickly as we can, but that may take some time.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23933708#23933708
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Curry
msg tools
mb
Orophin wrote:
Found it:

Riot Kades wrote:
Our distribution warehouse is actually in Wisconsin.

I think, at most, we can ship 2k units a day, so if we quickly sell out, it will probably take a week or so to process all of the orders. Plus there will be some transit time. I'd much rather manage your expectations here than to feel like I unintentionally 'promised' something by not speaking up. I suspect units will begin arriving between 2 days and 2 weeks of the order being placed. There may be new complications that arise as we're going through this, but I can assure you we won't be taking orders and then heading to some backroom and doing high-fives. We'll work to get it out to you as quickly as we can, but that may take some time.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23933708#23933708

Perfect, that's what I was looking for, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kain
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Due to high volume of sales the physical shipping traffic will be really slow and only ship out with trucks that have // in their plate numbers first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.