Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Before you get mad... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Phares
msg tools
mbmbmb
Compare this to kickstarter.
You first heard about this game on September 19th. I assume wave 1 will take a couple weeks to get processed and actually shipped and I think from what I have read wave 2 is coming sometime later this year.
Even if the second wave doesn't reach people until January that is still WAAAY faster than just about any good Kickstarter project that has the level of interest that this game does. Also, you got to see this reviewed before you had to commit to backing it.
If you are somebody that doesn't get the first wave you aren't missing out on any exclusive content or components.
If this was the pre-order we would all still have the same trouble checking out for that and have to wait several more months.
Good job to Riot on their FIRST board game project.
I am looking forward to seeing and supporting your future games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Longardner
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uh, too late. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
People are mad because the website can't handle the traffic. This is a game of 30k copies not millions. There is no reason the website shouldn't have been better prepared. This is a company that has made billions off of an online game. No excuse for the site to not be better prepared. They have even admitted it on there end too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NevoGamer wrote:
Uh, too late. angry

Ditto.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I appreciate the OP's sentiment, but we messed this up and we own it. Our merch store is totally separate from League itself and the transactions go through a different system. (not excusing, just explaining) We tried to gauge by the most successful products on the merch store so far, but were unprepared for how much more demand there was for MvM. That was on us and we're pretty unhappy with that. Orders are still going through and the system seems to be stabilizing, so if you haven't been successful yet and you're not yet completely done with us, you haven't missed anything.

Really sorry, folks. Everyone who says this is inexcusable is right. But we're looking to fix, not excuse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen
msg tools
MrPiddlesworth wrote:
I appreciate the OP's sentiment, but we messed this up and we own it. Our merch store is totally separate from League itself and the transactions go through a different system. (not excusing, just explaining) We tried to gauge by the most successful products on the merch store so far, but were unprepared for how much more demand there was for MvM. That was on us and we're pretty unhappy with that. Orders are still going through and the system seems to be stabilizing, so if you haven't been successful yet and you're not yet completely done with us, you haven't missed anything.

Really sorry, folks. Everyone who says this is inexcusable is right. But we're looking to fix, not excuse.

Gotta love Magento

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Olivier
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
rudis21 wrote:
People are mad because the website can't handle the traffic. This is a game of 30k copies not millions. There is no reason the website shouldn't have been better prepared. This is a company that has made billions off of an online game. No excuse for the site to not be better prepared. They have even admitted it on there end too.

I dunno. Kickstarter has been doing big projects for years and their site still gets overwhelmed and locks up during the first minutes (or longer) of a big project. This definitely took way to long to straighten out, but the online shop that's peddling this game looks pretty small.

I didn't like loosing a few hours hoping to get through but what's done is done. In a week or two we will be having lots of fun ogling the minis and trying to destroy minion hordes. It could've gone much worse. Imagine if they had only ordered about 5k copies or decided to make it a limited edition game. They underestimated the hype. Definitely not the worse crime a game company could make.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.