Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the people who can handle all the traffic of LoL I'm moline can't handle selling 30k games in an entire day?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
My thoughts exactly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because they run the game using different servers than the one they use to sell hats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Nelson
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But I don't want a f**king hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Newsham
United Kingdom
Halifax
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know guys, they're pretty cool hats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel S.
United States
Lackawanna
New York
flag msg tools
Yip! Yip!
mbmbmbmbmb
How does a company that has millions of games played per day on tons of servers not able to create a queue system for checkout when they have it for a far more advanced system for their game. This is the longest and worst checkout I've ever encountered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this is a bunch of horseshit. I'm done.

I think we can all cut Miniature Market a little slack next time they have a massive deal and the server hiccups a couple of times. I haven't been able to order this damn game for three hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Levesque
Canada
Verdun
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
STAXmayor wrote:
How does a company that has millions of games played per day on tons of servers not able to create a queue system for checkout when they have it for a far more advanced system for their game. This is the longest and worst checkout I've ever encountered.

Billing systems are usually third party, and in my experience pretty bad on the performance side.. Occulus Rift, any Apple launches in recent memory, most flagship Google phones.. just a few examples of other sales that had insane billing issues on the day of the launch.

Game servers are a totally different beast, and have traffic that follows pattern they know well. This is a 30k day followed by like, nothing. Much different beast.

I think they could have handled everything better at many different steps in the process. But the comparison between billing and gaming servers and platforms is one that doesn't really work though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel S.
United States
Lackawanna
New York
flag msg tools
Yip! Yip!
mbmbmbmbmb
When a company makes billions in revenue, It doesn't matter how different the beasts are.

Masterdo wrote:
STAXmayor wrote:

Billing systems are usually third party, and in my experience pretty bad on the performance side.. Occulus Rift, any Apple launches in recent memory, most flagship Google phones.. just a few examples of other sales that had insane billing issues on the day of the launch.

Game servers are a totally different beast, and have traffic that follows pattern they know well. This is a 30k day followed by like, nothing. Much different beast.

I think they could have handled everything better at many different steps in the process. But the comparison between billing and gaming servers and platforms is one that doesn't really work though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
It took us months to convince people that board games were A Thing Worth Doing and even WE have been caught off guard by the demand. Really sorry everyone, this is a mess. Our merch store has never had a success like this before. (and those are some pretty neat hats)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any more or am I wasting my time refreshing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
STAXmayor wrote:
When a company makes billions in revenue, It doesn't matter how different the beasts are.

That's not really fair... our merch store (hats, t-shirts, statues) generates a tiny fraction of our revenue. They have never seen anything like this. The systems that run the game and manage the league in-game transactions is a different thing entirely but they don't have any capability to ship physical product.

It wouldn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a super-robust merch store server system when we've literally never had this sort of demand for physical product.

We'll do our best not to make the same mistake again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
jbua wrote:
Are there any more or am I wasting my time refreshing?

We're still on Wave 1: Shipment 1 for North America. We're on Shipment 2 (December) for Europe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one in my cart, and when I got to my cart, it crashes. I have been hitting f5, is this the right way to do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
Darien
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
No worries. Hopefully this is profitable enough that you guys keep making high end, quality games. As you can see there is definitely a market for them.

Don't let the complainers get you down. Our hobby has recently gotten large enough that it has bred and odd sense of entitlement in some people.

thanks for your efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The all-seeing, all-knowing, all-trollin' Mike Hutton
United States
moline
illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At checkout payment screen and the dot is still yellow ....... No PayPal or anything button to right to go further.....seriously, WTF?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.