Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Four hours and thirty minutes later... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Vicente

Avon
Connecticut
msg tools
If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it!
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally hit pay dirt! Got the game but need to reassess a life where I spent four and a half hours trying to buy a game. When I was 15-16 waiting in line four hours to see a Star Wars movie it didn't seem like a waste of time. Nearly forty years later, that would feel like an utter waste of time. I planned to get the game at 2 PM EDT and then head to the gym. Instead, the time faded away, the gym became a pipe dream and now while sitting at my son's Babe Ruth league baseball game I hit the refresh that finally worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL, I'm totally with you Jason. I had my whole day planned out:

9:00am Breakfast with daughter
11:30am Haircut
12:30 - 1:30pm Order copy of Mechs vs Minions
1:30 - 3:00pm Gym
3:30 - 11:30pm Work

Ummmm, go ahead and scratch everything from 1:30 until 5:29pm when someone was nice enough to post a link that actually allowed me to order. To tell you how bad I wanted this game and how I hate to wait, no matter how bad I want a certain type of food, I will NEVER stand in line if the wait is longer than 30 minutes. There are just too many good restaurants around. Since I waited 4 hours I hope this is going to be a really great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vicente

Avon
Connecticut
msg tools
If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Omahavice wrote:
LOL, I'm totally with you Jason. I had my whole day planned out:

9:00am Breakfast with daughter

I actually visited my daughter at college to have lunch with her as I do every other Thursday, but had to leave no later than 12:30 pm EDT in order to get back home and start what I thought would be a fairly quick process. Wonder what she would think about me reducing our time together for a game. It's just sad!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.