Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amidst the near overwhelming negativity and understandable frustration, I wanted to give a shout out to the Riot crew. Although the ordering process did leave much to be desired, you were consistently here to offer reassurances that you were aware of the problem and taking steps to help the situation. It took me nearly 4 hours of continuous refreshing, but at no time did I feel like you had abandoned us. This is much more than I've come to expect from most experienced game developers, let alone first timers.

If anything, I'd take the checkout issues as a sign of massive success of your marketing group. Given that success, I hope you reconsider the possibility of a future expansion to what looks like a great game.

Cheers.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I concur.

Well Done!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Nash
United States
Manor
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally a thread I'm willing to comment in. Agreed! Thanks Riot Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike kohlhepp
United States
allentown
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a stressful 4.5 hours for me but hats off to Riot for being active here and providing updates and assurances. Good luck to them and looking forward to my copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Vicente

Avon
Connecticut
msg tools
If music be the food of love, play on; Give me excess of it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hear! Hear!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Wagner
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
It was rough, but good on them for making their presence known and staying on task. I hope things are going smoother for people now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tea Hagen
msg tools
mbmb
Well said, Lawrence. Though the site wasn't prepared for a hoard of boardgamers, Riot never went quiet. They kept checking in, answering questions and reassuring us they were on the case.

I would do this again if they released an expansion....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I appreciate the support - but I think we really let you guys down today.

Can't think of any other way to spin it, honestly.

But, it's a marathon and not a sprint, right? We currently still have lots of units available for the October shipment in NA and our store seems to have stabilized substantially since this morning. Hopefully, when people get their hands on the game they don't regret their purchase and this becomes a distant memory as opposed to the focal point of the experience. All the demand in the world doesn't mean much to us if you guys don't like the game.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Tiras
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you for your passion and excitement. And for the note. Thanks a lot for the note.

Hope the game lives up to your expectations, and when the dust settles, we really are excited to continue the conversation with you!
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hear, hear!

Amidst confusion and frustation, Riot talked to us and apologised profusely many times. That attitude deserves an appreciation.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1
BIG thank you!

Seems I was very lucky.
Smooth transaction with no delay - no frustration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Olson
United States
Woodbine
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
True! Amidst the complaining (I did my limited share on these forums too ninja) Riot stayed plugged in and communicating.

Thanks guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Thank you, that means a lot after a very... trying... day. As Chris said, we fell down with this, but it's a lesson we can learn from and improve. I hope those of you that stuck with it and get the game enjoy it and are thankful, despite the glitches today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Haddon
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Is it true that the store is stabilizing? Because it's been 5 hours of the same for me. I suspect now that the Cloudflare gateway is Seattle is in worse condition than the rest.

But back to the topic at hand--disappointed as I am, I still say that the Riot Game community presence here on BGG has been exemplary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
I appreciate the support - but I think we really let you guys down today.

Can't think of any other way to spin it, honestly.

But, it's a marathon and not a sprint, right? We currently still have lots of units available for the October shipment in NA and our store seems to have stabilized substantially since this morning. Hopefully, when people get their hands on the game they don't regret their purchase and this becomes a distant memory as opposed to the focal point of the experience. All the demand in the world doesn't mean much to us if you guys don't like the game.

While frustrating it is just a game.

As to the store being more stable I've been trying to buy this sucker for a couple of hours now and still can't get through. The game looks great, but I'm thinking of simply waiting (possibly for wave 2?) until I can just buy the thing without the current hassle.

Still, the game looks great and would love to buy it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean K
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
Well, 5 hours later and I still can't get the game ordered. So excuse me if I'm not feeling as grateful as all these people who randomly got through the website logjam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
So many people think that being bigger makes you a better person.
badge
I'm (probably) bigger than you, but that doesn't make me any better. It's what's inside that counts.
mbmbmbmbmb
As has been posted elsewhere, this link seems to work much better: https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/checkout/onepage/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Webb
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well said Lawrence. I appreciate Riot Games online support today as well as updates and their efforts to create an outstanding game with wonderful components....and 5 dollars for shipping is very generous. Thanks Riot Games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is a blessing in disguise.

Having the merch store crashed by boardgame enthusiasts may turn some heads at Riot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Manuel Campos
Guatemala
San Jose Pinula
GUATEMALA
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm have to say that I got frustrated with the servers problem but I went to get and Ice cream with my daughter, when I got back I checked all the liks that riot provide in fb, one of it worked for me, so thank you for your active support
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Andersson
Sweden
BANDHAGEN
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed to get mine after 45 minutes and while it was frustrating it was also pretty exciting, because I didn't know if I would be able to order before all games got sold. But I guess I would have had an entirely different opinion if I wouldn't have been able to place my order.
In any case I agree with the thread starter. Good job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
This was an extremely poor launch handled well by customer service.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
I'm surprised this has caused so much of a 'riot' (ha!)
Have people never ordered stuff online before? This happens all the time with toys and other collectibles, as well as video game launches.

The only way we get let down is if the game sucks balls. Otherwise really all that happened is that people didn't get the game on day 1 of release - hardly unique in the word of boardgaming. In fact almost every game on peoples shelves weren't obtained in the day of release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D
Ireland
flag msg tools
mavericklancer wrote:
Amidst the near overwhelming negativity and understandable frustration, I wanted to give a shout out to the Riot crew. Although the ordering process did leave much to be desired, you were consistently here to offer reassurances that you were aware of the problem and taking steps to help the situation. It took me nearly 4 hours of continuous refreshing, but at no time did I feel like you had abandoned us. This is much more than I've come to expect from most experienced game developers, let alone first timers.

If anything, I'd take the checkout issues as a sign of massive success of your marketing group. Given that success, I hope you reconsider the possibility of a future expansion to what looks like a great game.

Cheers.

Well said. I was just about to start a thread expressing the same sentiments. Riot have gone above and beyond with every other aspect of this project, and, to be frank, have put a number of other large board game companies to shame. I can think of one in particular that must be cursing them for making them look so bad! It has been abundantly clear from the get go that Chris and Co. have had our best interests at heart and genuinely wanted to provide the board gaming world with a superbly crafted product at a VERY reasonable price. I mean, let's face it, one of the reasons the servers got so clogged up today was precisely because of this amazing price. If it had been priced closer to it's true market value, there wouldn't have been such a mad dash to grab it and Riot would have made a load more cash without having to deal with the backlash from a bunch of disgruntled geeks.

At the end of the day, this wasn't done on purpose, it was mistake, a miscalculation, that's all. People will argue that it shouldn't have happened, but it did, move on. Nobody has lost anything. Chris Cantrel has more or less guaranteed that everyone who wants the game will get it....maybe not as soon as they hoped, but they will eventually get their hands on it. Guys, let's get some perspective here...this game appeared out of the blue on geek-dar only a couple of weeks or so ago!

I have listened to a couple of podcast interviews with some Riot guys and they seem to have really poured their hearts into this project and really wanted it to work out as perfectly as possible. For this reason, I feel kind of sorry for how they must feel right now about what happened today. All I can say is, keep doing what you are doing, Rioters, you're doing a fantastic job and long may you be a shining example of how to do things right in the board game industry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.