Subject: Oct. Vs Dec. Shipments rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Timothy Anderson
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure I understand how the shipments for wave one work. I ordered a copy today, will it be coming in October or December?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f h
msg tools
I believe it depends upon whether your order says Wave 1 or Wave 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nexeor wrote:
I'm not sure I understand how the shipments for wave one work. I ordered a copy today, will it be coming in October or December?

October. Riot has posted very recently that they still have games for sale for the the October shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
thebaker1983 wrote:
Nexeor wrote:

October. Riot has posted very recently that they still have games for sale for the the October shipment.

North American stock is still on the first shipment (October), Europe has exhausted their October stock and is working through the December shipment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Moore
United Kingdom
Coylton
Ayrshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the fact that the EU October supply was exhausted quite quickly, and that EU Wave 2 was then listed whilst US Wave 1 was still available, mean that a certain (finite) number of Wave 1 games had been pre-shipped to Germany, ready for (almost) immediate EU dispatch?

In other words, EU Wave 1 orders won't need to wait for their games to be imported to Germany, and should ship in a matter of days?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rowdy Scarlett
United States
Winston Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Not Necessarily Inaccurate Videos at- http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3A6D4E8F2B74B110
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I just ordered (USA) and it says wave 1, which I assume is October...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance House
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Yeah I hope this is the case, I am in New Zealand and the OCE store still has wave 1 available as well. It's possible they forecast sales as best they could and shipped X allocation of product ahead of sales to each region.

Though I think this is just wishful thinking on my part as it would be rather risky to do such a thing as you would incur the shipment costs up front.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
KevinM2 wrote:
Does the fact that the EU October supply was exhausted quite quickly, and that EU Wave 2 was then listed whilst US Wave 1 was still available, mean that a certain (finite) number of Wave 1 games had been pre-shipped to Germany, ready for (almost) immediate EU dispatch?

In other words, EU Wave 1 orders won't need to wait for their games to be imported to Germany, and should ship in a matter of days?

Wave 1: Shipment 1 is already in the European distribution center. Should be shipping immediately. (ie tomorrow)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance House
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Is that the same for NZ/AU ?

ps.Love your work, my hype level is about an 11 at this stage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Ernst
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Larnz wrote:
Is that the same for NZ/AU ?

ps.Love your work, my hype level is about an 11 at this stage.

My understanding is that all wave 1: shipment 1 games are ready to start shipping tomorrow.

And thanks for your support through today's less-than-stellar launch.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance House
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Awesome news.

Honestly it is to be expected, it happens to everyone. Every rock concert or high profile release of an online game, its very hard to manage what effectively becomes a ddos attack.

I personally think that the Riot teams communication and connection with the new community you are engaging with from announcement through to now has been absolutely stellar and beyond reproach.

There are a lot of copies and the will to get a copy to anyone who wants one is great.

A few bumps in the road today perhaps but really the entire exercise should be a lesson to a lot of long standing production companies on how nail it.

Larnz
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.