Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that E-G probably doesn't even know that this is happening I will remove the pictures from this post. Just, if you get your game, check the small board for a mis-punch.

I've emailed E-G and hope to have this resolved quickly. Will keep you posted.

Edit: title clarity
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just received my copy today and...
It could be a random thing too. I've seen other games where several of my friends all got theirs at the same time and one person had a sheet of punch board that was off set, but everyone else's was fine.

Let us know how they are about getting you a replacement. I'm very interested to see how their Customer Service handles something like this. I'll keep an eye out to see if anyone else has the same issue with their copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, these are far worse than just offset. The entire board was rotated 90 degrees making all the cuts in the wrong place. You'll notice this immediately by having completely black tokens instead of faces in circular tokens.

Anyway, I'm patient and will let y'all know how the customer experience process goes.

Hope folks are liking the game.

Edit: geometry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vitek
United States
Riverside
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am missing all the scientist and monster models. I wrote them today and will post back on how well they respond.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine came in fine, all figures and properly punched punchboards accounted for I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bernard
United States
Fairview
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am missing 2 of the gray scientist figures but I have 2 extra Minotaur figures. I sent a message to E-G. Don't know how long they will take but in the mean time I can trade if anyone is in the opposite position as me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have significantly warped bases? A few of my minotaurs won't stand up. Other than that no issues, other than wishing the center piece had been punched to fit in the board. Looks weird perched on top and not nestled in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It would look weird nestled in as well, as then you'd have room/wall/tiny triangle. Not sure why EGG didn't go with pie-shaped cells like shown in the rulebook.

Two of my heroes were leaning back, but hot/cold water easily fixed that up. Lost track of how often I've had to do that for various games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never done that. Will that take care of bends like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Dawley
United States
Delmar
New York
flag msg tools
I wish I could play more games.
badge
Collecting games is not playing games.
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah, hot to cold water will fix that. I have at least one that is that bendy. I may fix it or may have a drunk Minotaur, hard to pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a orc mini for a game once that had the lower part of the arm missing. Had a great time painting a bone and bloody stump of an arm. He is my fave mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Raf - The hot water shouldn't be boiling, but should be nice and hot. Usually the mini will straighten itself out, as they tend to have memory. If not, you may need to help it along. Some people use ice water for the cold, but usually I just keep the faucet running.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, thank you everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bleys
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
designer
mb
I'll check with EGG if there's a way to have a streamlined process to report any material issues with the game, seeing as a couple of people have either a wrong amount of minotaur or wrong amount of loctae scientists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot water trick worked great, thanks everyone. Flattened themselves out with no problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only manufacturing issue I have with my copy are bent bases on some minis. I plan to use the hot-cold water method to fix them. Not an unusual problem in modern boardgames these days.

Everything else look stellar. (space pun intended)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hsu
United States
Newton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have an extra scientist and am short one Minotaur. How likely is this to matter for game play?

On an unrelated note, are the player board, aids and Theseus board just supposed to rest on top of the plastic base? There doesn't seem to be enough clearance to close the box and have everything fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to be missing all the grey figures but one. Disappointing.

edited to add that I commented on Kickstarter about it and just received an email from Eagle Gryphon customer service. I'm hopeful that I'll have all the components in hand soon to play.

Thank you to the OP for the heads up to go ahead and unshrink the game and check it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They put one gray figure in your box?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura B
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
caffeinehead wrote:
They put one gray figure in your box?

No I was mistaken. When I had time after work to look more closely, I realized that it was the Hive commander mini that I saw mixed in with the player minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Glasson
United States
Hillsborough
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine and I'm missing 1 grey minotaur figure. Everything else seems OK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Vitek
United States
Riverside
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too am missing all the grey figures. I have written the customer service twice in 7 days but still no reply. I will have to try the kickstarter board next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shay Moore
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Definitely have some distorted minis. Ha!http://i.imgur.com/Y7scXr1.jpg

I tried hot water and a cold bath and they fixed for about 30 minutes but slowly returned to their leaning state. Just tried it with nearly boiling water and a long sit in a cold ice bath. 15 minutes later they are leaning slightly again. Will see if they continue to re-distort, but darnit I had hoped this would fix it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly B
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TribalDancer wrote:
Definitely have some distorted minis. Ha!http://i.imgur.com/Y7scXr1.jpg

I tried hot water and a cold bath and they fixed for about 30 minutes but slowly returned to their leaning state. Just tried it with nearly boiling water and a long sit in a cold ice bath. 15 minutes later they are leaning slightly again. Will see if they continue to re-distort, but darnit I had hoped this would fix it!

These plastics have a 'memory'. If the hot/cold thing doesn't stick then you also need to find a way to get them held in the new position for an extended period of time. I've used foam and styrofoam to do this but sometimes wood blocks help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thibaud Dejardin
France
Ferrère-La-Grande
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hot/cold water does the trick.
I had only one minautor too bent to be standing, and a few with the base not completely straight, and they are now really fine. No harm at all.

These problems are quite common, even for miniatures from cool mini.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.