Hide
6 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Lets polish this game!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Grogg
msg tools
First and foremost, I love this game and everything about it. I play with advanced solo rules with all sets combined and randomize everything. I'm fairly new to the game and have about 75 or so plays in the books. I started with advanced solo and switched over to 2 handed for awhile because it just seemed to work better thematically and eventually went back to adv solo.

The game is great and definitely very challenging using advanced solo rules. With Deadpool just being released, that is now 11 "expansions" for this game. To me its starting to feel a little out of whack.

I would love to see a revised detailed rulebook for players that combine all sets so you don't have to refer to this leaflet then the other leaflet. Also a detailed section for the solo gamer combinging all sets. Maybe even come up with a new set of solo rules as the current ones make some schemes and masterminds virtually unbeatable. It would also need an official errata section, as we all know there are some out there. Even if its PDF.

Then I would love to see an updated playmat that can handle all cards while using all sets. The way it is now, theres just piles of cards everywhere and it feels clunky.

Lastly and most importantly, I would love to see Upper Deck release rules for a campaign mode. Every time I finish a game, it's just over. Plain and simple. Start all over next game.

I just wish UD would spend a little more time really making this game shine even brighter instead of releasing so many add ons and adding more weight. The content is there and there is plenty of it. Lets use that content to really mold this game into a complete masterpiece.

I know there are combined rule books and custom playmats and campaign variants already on this site, and they are all very well done, but I'm not interested in anything unless its made official by upperdeck. It's their game and I like to play by the rules so to speak. I know I could make my solo games easier by adding more henchmen to the villain deck or starting with some shield officers in my starting deck, but if I did, I know that I wouldnt feel very good about winning because I basically cheated.

Please! Upper Deck, give this game a little more love and depth. And a little less "more".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Better call in Ignacy Trzewiczek,

because, you know, he's Polish.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dog
msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmb
Seconded. The fan made campaigns are a lot of fun. It would be great if UD could make a couple more really punishing masterminds, and some sort of character sheet a la Shadowrun: Crossfire to allow players to earn experience and modify their starting deck, gain special powers, gain access to more purchasable cards, etc. and some scenarios to work through.

But I'm sure UD can keep raking in the cash without qualitatively changing any aspect of their game and just continuing to crank out more volume.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Eklund
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmb
Posse91 wrote:
I'm not interested in anything unless its made official by upperdeck

Then you should have probably offered your suggestions to Upper Deck, not to the fan community...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Lim
Philippines
Iloilo
Oton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@josh
I fully agree to almost everything you said.
We are thinking the same thing!

way back before (years ago) i already commented similar to this in different thread.

i dont intend to offend, i know there are lots of legendary fans out there. but i cant stop thinking that upper deck just care more about money/income/$$$$$ everytime a new expansion comes out. i have set from base to SW1 but i am now hesitating to expand more.. new expansions are the same thing they are just adding some new keywords and it is not that much exiting. as you said

Posse91 wrote:
The way it is now, theres just piles of cards everywhere and it feels clunky.

Please! Upper Deck, give this game a little more love and depth. And a little less "more".

yea the game is great! just like dominion! but there are times i have bad games... those games that you have no choice but to lose because of very bad luck... "I accept my loss, if i know i did a wrong move". "but it is hard to accept the lose if you didnt do anything wrong". because the scheme/mastermind/unlucky shuffle combo happens... which is annoying...

again... this game need Polishing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.