23 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: Why did Europe get so few games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Nielsen
msg tools
Hey Riot,

I was wondering why Europe sold out within the first hour, and NA still has Wave 1 stock? Why did you prioritize NA with that many?

Any chance you will cut NA supply and give to EU?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Europe sold out because you could actually get through to buy yours. Until very recently it was nearly impossible for North American buyers to checkout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
They figured there were more ameritrashers in America.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
Europe sold out because you could actually get through to buy yours. Until very recently it was nearly impossible for North American buyers to checkout.

Bad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas W
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Is this an amerithrash game? Seems to play more like an Euro than anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
crazymonkey75 wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

Is this an amerithrash game? Seems to play more like an Euro than anything else.

Definitely plays more like a Euro game. The dungeon-crawler tower-defense kind of theme makes it sound at first like an amerithrash game, but in the end each round is playing like a chaotic puzzle that you're hoping you can solve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank La Terra
Australia
flag msg tools
crazymonkey75 wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

You are blowing shit up in mechs with narry a chubby arsed king asking to build a city to be seen.
It's Ameritrash.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthijs NL
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mr Skeletor wrote:
crazymonkey75 wrote:
Mr Skeletor wrote:

You are blowing shit up in mechs with narry a chubby arsed king asking to build a city to be seen.
It's Ameritrash.

Its eurotrash actually because logic is appplied everywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:

European buyers experienced the exact same problem.
Riot vastly underestimated the European market is my guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris milnes
msg tools
Its true europe had a server melt down as well... I was waiting for the clock to hit 7pm(uk) and then it took me 40 minutes to buy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So anyone knows how limited EU stock actually was? I thought it was supposed to be 15k in EU and 15k in US, but apparently not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Petersen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
Waiting in line for RFTG: Alien Artifacts since 2010
mbmbmbmbmb
Still available in europe. What are you guys on about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markus
Austria
vienna
vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Riot has not told us how the stock was distributed.
All we know is the worldwide total of 12k for Shipment#1 (October) and 18k for Shipment#2 (December).

But I think biffta is probably correct and Riot underestimated European demand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My guess is, EU got 4,000 out of 12,000 at most.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markus
Austria
vienna
vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
joelpetersen wrote:
Still available in europe. What are you guys on about?

Everyone hyped about the game wants to have it a.s.a.p. and was hoping to get in on Shipment#1 (October). Shipment#1 sold out in less than 2h in Europe while it took 8h or so to sell out in North America. Since it doesn't seem like there was less demand in NA either the EU store was working a lot better or stock was distributed unequally. So some Europeans feel like they have been treated unfairly. ;)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The EU store was working a lot better. While we were trying and failing for hours in NA people from Europe and Australia were chiming in with how they just got theirs, often with no trouble at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drone9 wrote:
So some Europeans feel like they have been treated unfairly.

For those that do, they will get over it. Bla bla US company. Bla bla more population, bla bla less shipping costs, etc.

If people are raging about having to wait for a game 2 months longer after not even knowing about the game a month ago, well then good luck with that.

I am just grateful I was able to get a game and mine is the December shipment which from what I hear is better because they managed to fix some typo's errors from the review copies that weren't fixed with the first shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
qess qess
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
>Bla bla more population

2016 numbers:

Europe 743 million
E.U. 510 million
U.S.A. 318 million

Just FYI :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
qess wrote:
>Bla bla more population

2016 numbers:

Europe 743 million
E.U. 510 million
U.S.A. 318 million

I guess that's why Europeans have access to so many more games than we do already.

Anyway, where's the evidence that Europe got "so few games?" I only know that the EU store was working much better than NA's.

Also, shipment #1 for NA is sold out now that most people here could actually order it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:
I only know that the EU store was working much better than NA's.

And where did you get that from? My experience was pressing F5 for some time, getting the typical cute uh-oh or for a while a completely blank page. So not much different at all, until the point where wave 1 was sold out, then it got better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WD Yoga
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stevepop wrote:

I guess that's why Europeans have access to so many more games than we do already.

Anyway, where's the evidence that Europe got "so few games?" I only know that the EU store was working much better than NA's.

Also, shipment #1 for NA is sold out now that most people here could actually order it.

Well, I was having trouble with the EU shop for about 20 mins before my payment went through. Then, approximately in 50 mins, the Wave 1 shipment 1 was gone.

That could mean there were fewer slots for EU in Wave 1 shipment 1 OR the EU store was working better than the NA one so it could process payments faster.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Esvath wrote:

Well, I was having trouble with the EU shop for about 20 mins before my payment went through. Then, approximately in 50 mins, the Wave 1 shipment 1 was gone.

That could mean there were fewer slots for EU in Wave 1 shipment 1 OR the EU store was working better than the NA one so it could process payments faster.

Good example of what I was talking about. 20 minutes for you, 5 1/2 hours for me. And that's typical of what I was seeing Thursday on BGG & Reddit.

Europe is getting their deliveries earlier as well.

Enjoy them along with all those Essen games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qess wrote:
>Bla bla more population

2016 numbers:

Europe 743 million
E.U. 510 million
U.S.A. 318 million

How dare you use facts and logic in your answer! 'Merica!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.