Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope that someone from Riot might answer the question as to how many copies were actually sold in the first six hours or so.

At this point (8 hour from the sale starting), the website is humming along and it appears there are still copies to put in carts, so it's not yet out of stock.

Was it really tens of thousands of people hammering the website trying to get the copies which quickly sold out?

Or was it just a few thousand people making each other's lives hell as they kept each other from being able to just buy a copy and move on?

I find that I wished they had a ticker counting the number of copies sold. I would have watched that page, but not worried so much about refreshing the cart every 30 seconds for hours if I knew there were still thousands of copies left.

And if I, and the ravenous hordes, had paused so we could all order easily a few at a time, it would certainly have saved a lot of time and angst.

Seeing it's still in stock and moving smoothly, I feel dumb having wasted 3 impatient hours just focused on getting through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
about 2 hrs ago they posted that 70% of the October units have been sold. If the first shipment was 15k as announced that means they sold over 10k of the game in 6hrs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:
about 2 hrs ago they posted that 70% of the October units have been sold....

I thought they said that they had still had 70% left (not sold)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Farris
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
There is a duck in every game. You may not see it, but it's there.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered a wave 1 copy. took about a minute. After dealing with the early birds for galaxy defenders, I swore never to do the "try to get it now" thing again. If a game sells out, I don't need it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shotgun Games
msg tools
mbmb
Smilinbrax wrote:
I just ordered a wave 1 copy. took about a minute. After dealing with the earl birds for galaxy defenders, I swore never to do the try to get it now thing again. If a game sells out, I don't need it.

^THIS.

Never putting myself through that fiasco again!

(Glad I still got a copy though!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Grenier
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skritter wrote:
ThunderingGiraffe wrote:
about 2 hrs ago they posted that 70% of the October units have been sold....

I thought they said that they had still had 70% left (not sold)

"We are about 70% through the October units right now" As I understand that sentence, I think it means they sold 70% of the units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard A. Edwards
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. So, it does appear I should have just wait and had less frustration AND allowed everyone else easier access without me adding to the rush. Live and learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cantrell
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
We've about sold out of Wave 1 for NA. Wave 1.5 (ships in December) is now up on the store, so if you see Wave 1 sell out, you can pre-purchase a copy that will ship to you in December.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot Kades wrote:
We've about sold out of Wave 1 for NA. Wave 1.5 (ships in December) is now up on the store, so if you see Wave 1 sell out, you can pre-purchase a copy that will ship to you in December.

So 15,000 units sold in 1 day...

That is pretty impressive, and you should feel pretty proud EVEN with all the hocus pocus issues about people unable to log on/complete purchases/etc etc...

Hats are off, my good sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nelson
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mossquito wrote:
Riot Kades wrote:

So 15,000 units sold in 1 day...

That is pretty impressive, and you should feel pretty proud EVEN with all the hocus pocus issues about people unable to log on/complete purchases/etc etc...

Hats are off, my good sir!

You needed more // in that post for it to load properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
How many units actually sold in the first 6 hours?
How many in the next 15 minutes?
15,000 +.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
markus
Austria
vienna
vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Close, but not quite. Wave1 Shipment#1 had a total stock of 12.000 copies. Shipment#2 is 18.000 copies total. This was mentioned several times like in the comments on the Riot Games Merch Facebook page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.