Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys!

So if you've beaten at least Asylum, you know that you get scored on your progress at the end. The score card even instructs you to write your team's score on the card itself. Given that I'm not a big fan of damaging my components (I'm still working up to Legacy games...) I didn't bother with that and just calculated our score on a piece of paper. Then, based on the calculation we collected the correct beacons.

But my question is, does our score for Asylum, the actual numerical score, matter at all going forward? We're in the middle of The Marcy Case right now, but is there ever a point in the future where the an expansion says "If you got at least X score on Y expansion, then do Z..."? In other words, does it matter to the overall narrative of TIME Stories that I keep the score of each individual scenario we accomplish? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. I don't see how they could do that unless they insisted you play asylum before any other expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's merely for getting an overall feel of how well your team did, and an easy way to compare results with other groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Space Cowboys official line is that you may play the scenarios in any order you choose, so (so far) your score has no bearing on subsequent scenarios.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
There are items that carry forward, but we've no idea how (or when) they function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Spirio
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, there is really no reason to write on your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Messier

Vancouver
Washington
msg tools
Haha, I certainly hope not. My girlfriend and I scored a wonderful -7. Yup, you can get a negative score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.