47.2% of Goal | left

Support:

H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only know how to find how many bgs total :/ (86,664 atm)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mb
I was mulling over your question, and became curious. Given that one board game can have multiple mechanics, and that "the most" doesn't necessarily equate to "the best" what are you hoping this information will tell you?

I wish I had an answer for you no matter why you are asking, but I don't know if that information is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H C
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious what the most popular mechanics and categories are and wanted to see if there were any trends too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Starla Lester
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
http://www.meetup.com/Las-Cruces-Board-Gamers/
badge
I turned Old & Chaotic Evil Bob to Lawful Good (for a day...)
mb
If you click on the "browse" button in the header you can then click on "mechanics" to see the more commonly used ones. They have 51 separate mechanics listed.

It doesn't say how many games have each individual mechanic, but you can get a feel for it by looking at the number of pages it tskes to list all the associated games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ryuu wrote:
If you click on the "browse" button in the header you can then click on "mechanics" to see the more commonly used ones. They have 51 separate mechanics listed.

It doesn't say how many games have each individual mechanic, but you can get a feel for it by looking at the number of pages it tskes to list all the associated games.

Good points.

Ten are listed per page, so for Action Point Allowance System, 311 pages gives 3100 plus the one on page 311 if you want to be exact, 3101. Not automated, but very feasible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.