Subject: PBEM Possible rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Pittiglio
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Is it possible to play Combat Commander PBEM on Vassal.
If so what are the steps and procedures?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kosma Pazdaj
msg tools
No way ,you can play CC online. Too much interaction all the time,both players are constantly involved in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Huffman
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been doing it for about a year. I have had three different opponents so far. It is fun/frustrating too. Basically you go through as much of your hand as possible/reasonable (you'll learn what that is) and then save it back. As the opponent steps through your orders, they choose the actions they want to do. Time Triggers normally get a pause in play.

I'd be glad to play a game with you to get you used to it. It really isn't that different from online play, but just much slower.

Have to run now, but if you want, hit me up on my email: danielshuffman@gmail.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kosma wrote:
No way ,you can play CC online. Too much interaction all the time,both players are constantly involved in the game.

You can certainly play online ftf CC with Vassal. You could do it with PBEM, but the op fire triggers would make it excruciating to deal with IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Boutilier
United States
Smyrna Mills
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played more than 15 games of CC via PBEM vassal over the past 18 months. It is very possible to play via PBEM!!! I have nobody in my area to play face to face, and I find it difficult to find enough time to sit down and play an entire game live via vassal. And, Dan H posted above, you should take him up on his offer, he's a great teacher and knows all the ins and outs of CC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.