Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dr Caligari
United States
King of Prussia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An interesting approach to Chess implemented in a mobile app. I speculate this could work in real life as well, and maybe the approach could work with other games?

http://www.theverge.com/2016/10/13/13262994/really-bad-chess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
the article wrote:
When you play Really Bad Chess, you always play against the same artificial intelligence. It doesn’t get smarter or faster the further you progress. Instead, as you move up in rank, the quality of the pieces you get changes. In the beginning you will have much better pieces than the AI, improving your chances at winning. But as you get better and win matches, the balance starts to shift in the other direction.

This reminds me of a teaching technique I heard recommended for teaching Shogi to children: the stronger player teaching the newbie will start with only their king and no other pieces! The newbie should be able to mate them pretty easily.

Then they play with the stronger player having their king plus one standard piece. After the newbie wins that, they play with the stronger player having their king plus two standard pieces. And so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JE SUIS VENU. J'AI VU. JE SUIS PARTI.
msg tools
I downloaded this for my phone today, and it's very fun. Free too, so worth a try. The developer also made SpellTower, which is another exceptional app.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.