Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Hankins
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know what size sleeves the two card types take?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
flag msg tools
Basically every card excluding the monster cards will use the same slips as your standard MTG card, so not much issue there. The monster cards are a little trickier at 3.5 x 3.5 inches, however I found some that should fit:

https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/products/swan-card-sleeve...

I hope they do the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hankins
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I've managed to get hold of some suitable sleeves for most but I'll have to visit my local boardgame retailer to get some sleeves for the monster cards.

The insert had to go after I'd sleeved the cards though, which is a shame. I'm tempted to try and make a foamcore insert (seems like it would only need something simple, which would make for a good first project!)

Thanks again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Boctor
Australia
flag msg tools
It sounds like your local game shop is somewhat better equipped than mine. laugh

Shame about them not fitting while sleeved; particularly as that was one of the questions on the Kickstarter page and the developer said they would fit. yuk

From the Kickstarter:

Will the cards fit back into the box if I sleeve them?

Absolutely! We are taking sleeved cards into consideration with the box sizing, however be aware that it may be a little harder than normal for you to find 3.5 x 3.5 inch sleeves to cover the large square cards in the creature deck.

They may not have been accounting for the additional quest deck at the time of that question though. And I suppose they never said it would necessarily fit *with the insert* either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hankins
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the sleeves that I was using (Mayday Green 'almost a penny' ultra-fit), I found that they would go into the hole meant for cards with a bit of force (which isn't ideal, but I can imagine that varying depending on brand of sleeves).

However, the card piles are now too tall too all fit into the insert. Maybe different sleeves might have helped with the width issue, but they wouldn't have helped with the depth problem.

Definitely more than enough room in the box once the insert is taken out though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.