8 Posts

B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » Rules

Subject: Same hit twice: Superficial damage or roll again? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Brown
Netherlands
flag msg tools
For example, if your radio operator is already KIA and at a later time in the game you get a hit that has you roll for Radio Operator wound, do you record that second hit as superficial damage or should you roll again for a different result?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always treated it as No Effect. If it says to apply a given effect and it is impossible (say tail gun out twice) then the second hit has no effect.

Not sure what the official version is, but that's how I play it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Brown
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Hi Rob, thanks for the reply. But if you play with Peckham Points, wouldn't you have to register any/all enemy fire as damage?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I apply a mixed approach. Unless the Tables specify "Superficial" I treat it as "No Effect" per the Peckham Points Tables unless they have a separate entry such as "Each Additional Engine Hit." With Wounds, I record them as the Wound Typ assuming it still does the same amount of damage to the Aircraft. So, for a LW on an already KIA crewman I still record the Peckham Points for the LW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Koch
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you could add it as superficial. Reading the Pekham table (and interpreting it as I read it):

- If it is a system hit resulting in the same effect (e.g. Tailgun out) then you need to record a 5pt No Effect result.

Per the table here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/175498/item/3300435#item3...

1x Light Wounds = (2pts)
2x Light Wounds = (4pts)
3x Light Wounds = Serious Wound (5Pts)
4x Light Wounds = KIA (10pts)
1x LW plus 1x SW = KIA (10pts)
1x Serious Wound = (5Pts)
2x Serious Wound = KIA (10pts)
1x KIA = (10pts)

You will count only 2, 4, 5, or 10 its Peckham as I see it. Dead is Dead.... nothing more can hurt the poor soul.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zychik wrote:
I apply a mixed approach. Unless the Tables specify "Superficial" I treat it as "No Effect" per the Peckham Points Tables unless they have a separate entry such as "Each Additional Engine Hit." With Wounds, I record them as the Wound Typ assuming it still does the same amount of damage to the Aircraft. So, for a LW on an already KIA crewman I still record the Peckham Points for the LW.

I play it same way.

Do not confound damage to the aircraft and effect on the crewman. A LW still does 2 Peckham points whatever the current status of the crewman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Brown
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Thanks Frank, Rob and Richard for clearing this up for me

Fly on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Correia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
FrUnit7 wrote:
Zychik wrote:

I play it same way.

Do not confound damage to the aircraft and effect on the crewman. A LW still does 2 Peckham points whatever the current status of the crewman.

I agree
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.