Support:

Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys!

The Marcy Case seems to have a bunch of pop culture references in it. What have you guys noticed? (We're still on our last run, so we haven't beaten it yet, but we're pretty sure we've seen every location and know who the girl is).

Here are the one's I've caught:
1. Log Lady - The log lady in the church is a direct reference to the log lady from the 90's show Twin Peaks. They even look the same!
2. The Umbrella Corp. - The logo on the bunker, and perhaps a few other places, is an umbrella, a direct reference to the "Umbrella Corporation" from the Resident Evil games... which, obviously, also deals with zombies.
3. Love Shack - I actually didn't catch this one, Lindsey Shi did, but the wrist band on the girl you find in the shack starts with B52... one of the B52's most popular songs is "Love Shack."

I'm sure there were more. What else did you guys catch?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go Cows is written on the wall in the school, this is connected to south park.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael M.
United States
Bloomington-Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh I never thought of that. I thought "Cows" was just a reference to it being in Wisconsin which is known for cheese, which comes from dairy, which comes from Cows. Good one!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.