$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 132.97

7,784 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
49.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » General

Subject: So, anyone know how many copies actually sold thus far? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonnie Wheeler
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Inquiring minds and all...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding the fact that the riot merch stores for North America and Europe both only allow orders for shipment 2 (december) there have to be at least 12,000 boxes sold.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carraway0877 wrote:
Regarding the fact that the riot merch stores for North America and Europe both only allow orders for shipment 2 (december) there have to be at least 12,000 boxes sold.


Where does this 12k come from if it was supposed to be 15k?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Some people said Riot told on their facebook page about 12k/18k, but I haven't seen it personally.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to keep in mind of the initial 30k, they sent out a LOT of early copies to media for the hype engine. Additionally they have to hold back some copies for replacements, from mistakes and shipping damage. At least I hope they did this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:
You have to keep in mind of the initial 30k, they sent out a LOT of early copies to media for the hype engine. Additionally they have to hold back some copies for replacements, from mistakes and shipping damage. At least I hope they did this.


I'm pretty sure the Review copies were separate from that 30K, and out of 30k, the handful sent out as review copies wouldn't be that much. I also assume and hope that they kept some aside for replacement parts. There are always occasional issues with these printings.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Felkor wrote:
jmathias wrote:
You have to keep in mind of the initial 30k, they sent out a LOT of early copies to media for the hype engine. Additionally they have to hold back some copies for replacements, from mistakes and shipping damage. At least I hope they did this.


I'm pretty sure the Review copies were separate from that 30K, and out of 30k, the handful sent out as review copies wouldn't be that much. I also assume and hope that they kept some aside for replacement parts. There are always occasional issues with these printings.


Riot said that the early review copies are from the same print run.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:


Riot said that the early review copies are from the same print run.


I believe they said (or at least what I read) the contents are identical, rather than saying they are actually from the same run, but either way, a dozen or so copies for reviewers is not much out of 30,000.

I've seen a review copy of the game, and it just has a blank spot where it shows what # out of 30,000 it is. But I guess that doesn't 100% mean they weren't from the same run, but it points to it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.