Subject: Dark Arts Card Petrification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Andrews
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
The Dark Arts Card: Petrification says all heroes lose 1 heart and cannot draw extra cards this turn. (Active Hero draws 5 new cards at end of turn.)

Why is this said on this card. Don't you always draw 5 new cards at the end of your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's just meant to clarify that only "extra" card draws are affected, not normal ones.

If this wording wasn't there, there would be someone here asking whether they still got to draw up at the end of their turn when petrification was in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GodRob
United States
Unionville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Time for some new overtext
badge
Something will come to mind
mbmbmbmbmb
chopkins828 wrote:
there would be someone here asking whether they still got to draw up at the end of their turn when petrification was in play.

That would have been me. I'm glad the clarification is there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarrod Babel
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is asked in total sincerity and without rancor.
If you would have played petrification this way, would you have also played the Basilisk this way as well (assuming the clarification wasn't on it)?
I wonder because if you would, doesn't that mean you basically lose the game when he comes out since you play one turn then can never draw new cards unless he's defeated in one round?
Seems kinda hard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert O'Hearne
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is amazing the number of ways people can misunderstand seemingly obvious rules (um, as I recently posted...)

In general, it is a good idea to add clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.