Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The tokens were gone 2/3 of the game in so does that mean you quit scoring after you reach the 6 on the track. Was not crazy about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Ryan addressed this in another thread as others were having the same problem and said that in future rulebook printings the game end condition would be "builds first 8 buildings OR the renown tokens run out".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just scrolled down and in this forum on page 1 of 2 of the thread "renown tokens ran out.." Ryan stated;

mechanicalfish wrote:
Rob0Rider wrote:
You're absolutely right that the rulebook inplies that the renown tokens are limited, Steve.

However, I'd argue that not giving a bonus for every 7 renown during play is against the spirit of the game. It seems off to me that someone who generates a lot of renown during the first half of the game can get a lot of nice bonuses, but that someone who builds a slower engine and would cash more points in the later half would be excluded from that in case the renown tiles run out.

Any comments from Red Raven would be nice indeed!

In our many tests, running out of renown tokens almost never happened. However, I have since decided it should be an end-game trigger and I will put this in the rulebook for future printings.

If the renown tokens run out, it triggers the last round. Players should keep track of renown points on the track with cubes until the game ends (so they will not gain any more bonuses for reaching 7 renown-- they will just leave the cube on the 7 space).

Edit: Thread where this quote is pulled from; https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1618271/running-out-renown-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted W
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure of the legal requirements - can we get the updated rules PDF hosted here in the files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keso55 wrote:
The tokens were gone 2/3 of the game in so does that mean you quit scoring after you reach the 6 on the track. Was not crazy about that.

That's pretty impressive. Ive played about 15 games and I don't think I've ever seen even 1/2 the renown tokens gone. And the people who have the most buildings are usually the ones winning in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shanda Hoover
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Temelin wrote:
keso55 wrote:

That's pretty impressive. Ive played about 15 games and I don't think I've ever seen even 1/2 the renown tokens gone. And the people who have the most buildings are usually the ones winning in my experience.

Just played our first game with 4 players and the renown tokens did indeed run out. Would have loved to know this was another endgame trigger.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrow
msg tools
mbmbmb
niledesign wrote:
Just played our first game with 4 players and the renown tokens did indeed run out. Would have loved to know this was another endgame trigger.

Well, to be fair, the issue was presented to Ryan Lauket and he made the decision to create that end-game trigger after the game was already printed and released.

Ryan said that during play-testing, they never ran out of Renown tokens and that he would add this new end-game trigger to the rules in future printings. For most of us, that is too late.

On the positive side, you know now that it is such a trigger, so we can spread the information by word of mouth (and anyone who visits these forums with regularity can find it as well, so long as we keep talking about it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.