$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23.5% of Goal | 30 Days Left

Support:

Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello variant content creators,

First of all, I want to thank you all for your contributions and hard work you guys put into it to create diverse and interesting heroes and villains to add even more to the game. I am impressed by your guys work and though I usually don't use them I can appreciate what you guys do. So with that I place a request/challenge to see who can come up with a Mastermind that is so dastardly, so sinister that I would be willing to give out some geek gold to the person that impressed me the most.

The mastermind that I would like to see is:

SANTA CLAUS!

Dun, dun, duuuuuuuuuh!

No really, I have an idea for my weekly challenges coming around for Christmas and for it to work I would like to enlist your help. What I need is a Santa Claus mastermind that is interesting and dynamic, doesn't necessarily need to be an evil Santa, I am looking for something that you would find in a villains set, so maybe think of him more like a Commander.

But not only would I like a Mastermind, but he needs a good Villain group. It could just all Eight of his reindeer, or a mixture of elves, toys, and other things. Go wild show me something different.

Finally bonus points are available for an interesting henchmen group. So the deadline for the challenge is November 25th. And if no one decides to throw anything together for this challenge, oh well, thanks for reading, True Believers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Doak
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Oh, I'm in...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
St Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know someone made a custom Santa Claus Hero that was posted on here a year or two ago. The card actions revolved around "gifting" cards to other players by having them draw cards.

Instead of Santa, would Krampus work better? He could steal "presents" a la Thanos taking your non-starter cards and making them Bound Souls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Rob
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
Keeper of the *** Marvel Master Database *** A custom card directory for Marvel Legendary.
badge
Find the Marvel Master Database in the Variants section of the Marvel Legendary Forums.
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:
I know someone made a custom Santa Claus Hero that was posted on here a year or two ago. The card actions revolved around "gifting" cards to other players by having them draw cards.

Instead of Santa, would Krampus work better? He could steal "presents" a la Thanos taking your non-starter cards and making them Bound Souls.

Couple of Santa from years past...

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/14127701#14127701

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1289314/legendary-holiday-s...

I've got an idea for this...though free time is a rare thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swirlsaepi wrote:

Yeah, I'm not looking for an evil Santa. I'm looking for more of a Santa Commander. And I'm definitely not looking for Krampus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Claus means well, of course. The fat old elf is plenty generous and giving---but he unwittingly clogs up your deck will all manner of unwanted cards!

Santa Claus
Mastermind
Revenge for Bystanders
Revenge for Santa's Reindeer
At the end of the game, each player gains VP equal to the total cost of Hero cards in their deck. If Santa wins, the player with the most VP wins.
Always Leads: Santa's Reindeer
Master Strike: Attack may not be spent as Attack this turn. Attack may only be spent as Recruit this turn.
9+ Attack
5 VP

Right Jolly Old Elf
Fight: Shuffle the KOed Heroes together. Starting with the current player and moving clockwise, each player gains a Hero of his choice until there are no more KOed Heroes.

No Peeking!
Fight: Each player gains the lowest-cost hero in the HQ. Then, place the three Heroes with the highest cost on the bottom of the Hero Deck.

Magical Bag of Gifts
Fight: The Hero in the HQ with the highest cost becomes a Commander Tactic with "Fight: Gain this as a Hero."

Shake it Like a Bowlful of Jelly
Fight: Choose a deck. Reveal the top three cards of that deck, and the put the cards back in any order.

Santa's Reindeer
Villain Group

Rudolph (1 copy)
Revenge for Tactics
Ambush: After Rudolph enters the city, move him to the Bridge. He captures (the heart of) one Bystander. (If there is a Villain or Adversary in the Bridge when Rudolph arrives in the Bridge, move it to the Sewers.)
Escape: Play a card from the Villain Deck.
Attack: 5+
VP: 3

Dasher and Dancer (1 copy)
Revenge for Tactics
Ambush: Charge two spaces. Two Bystanders enter the city.
Fight: Villains and Adversaries to the right, if any, charge one space.
Escape: All Villains and Adversaries in the City charge one space.
Attack: 4+
VP: 2

Prancer and Vixen (1 copy)
Revenge for Tactics
Ambush: Charge two spaces. Two Bystanders enter the city.
Fight: Gain a 0-cost card from the KO pile to your hand. If you do, you may Teleport a card in your hand.
Attack: 4+
VP: 2

Comet and Cupid (1 copy)
Revenge for Tactics
Ambush: Two Bystanders enter the city.
Fight: Gain a Strength Hero or a Covert Hero from the HQ. Otherwise, gain a S.H.I.E.L.D. Officer.
Attack: 5+

Donner and Blitzen (1 copy)
Revenge for Tactics
Revenge for Santa's Reindeer

Ambush: Two Bystanders enter the city.
Fight: Gain 2 Recruit.
Attack: 6+

Bag of Gifts (1 copy)
Ambush: This Villain is captured as if it were a Bystander. Play another card from the Villain Deck. When this Villain is rescued, gain it as an Artifact.
Fight: Gain this as an artifact.
Attack: 0
--------
Covert
Artifact -
Once per turn, gain 3 Recruit.
While this is in play, Santa's Reindeer gain Bribe.

Bag of Coal (1 copy)
Ambush: This Adversary is captured as if it were a Bystander. Play another card from the Villain Deck. When this Adversary is rescued, gain two wounds.
Fight: Gain two wounds.
Attack: 0
VP: 1

Santa's Sleigh (1 copy)
At the beginning of each turn, re-arrange Santa's Reindeer so that, among them, Santa's Sleigh is the rightmost Adversary. (Re-arrange no other Villains or Adversaries.)
Fight: If there are at least two Tactics left, Santa's Sleigh re-enters the City.
Escape: KO the three highest-cost Heroes in the HQ. If Santa Claus is a Commander, Santa wins.
Attack: 8
VP: 5

Santa's Elves
Henchman Villain
To defeat Santa's Elves, you must discard a Hero card with a printed attack value of 1 or greater.
Fight: Gain a KOed Hero. Otherwise, gain a S.H.I.E.L.D. Officer.
Attack: 2
VP: 1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[substantially edited]

Conceits: Santa Claus seems like he'd be innocuous. He's just trying to help out. He and his elves spread a message of generosity, open-heartedness, and peace, and people are entranced---but they can't be whisked away from their families on the backs of his reindeer! And yet, if you try to wake people up from the dream he can get a little put out.

Long story short, his landing in the city has been disastrous, and you have to get through to him somehow. If he manages to leave before you manage to defeat him four or even five times, he'll just unwittingly wreck the city next year. Stop that right jolly old elf in his gift-giving Christmas rampage!

... and yet, even in the midst of your struggle to restore the city to order, he and his elves will keep giving you little stocking stuffers, or bringing back little Heroes who may have been knocked out. Don't try telling them you could go without, either! You'll hurt their feelings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Fletcher
msg tools
So, do you want art done, or just the mechanics of the cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fletch_smf wrote:
So, do you want art done, or just the mechanics of the cards?

Just the mechanics are fine, but the whole cards are even better!! Worth more points even, but doesn't guarantee a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin H

Maine
msg tools
mb
I know you said a Commander style Santa, but I couldn't help myself and went with Evil Santa. Santa has a sack full of wounds and a new key word: Naughty or Nice.

Naughty or Nice: Reveal the top card of your deck. If it has an attack symbol you're naughty and gain a wound. If it is recruit you're nice. If it doesn't have either nothing happens. Being nice doesn't inherently do anything, however you get benefits from some of the villains.

Santa Clause Mastermind - His Master Strike checks is all players are naughty or nice. He gets mad if people are naughty and sends more minions after you.

Santa's Minions - Twisted versions of holiday characters. When you do Naughty or Nice they check for a hero class. If it is that hero class you get a benefit, whether your naughty or nice. You still get the wound if you're naughty. This set uses two copies of the following villains: Rudolph, Frosty, Mrs. Claus.

Marvel Xmas - Christmas versions of popular heroes. They will reward you if you're nice, or punish you further if you're naughty. This group uses two of the following villains: Spider-Man, Deadpool, Punisher.

Santa's Elves - Where would Santa be without his trusty elves? They're helping out on finding out who is naughty.

Edit: Some fine individual had pointed out some typos/errors in the cards. I'll have them updated soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Stick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all, I want to thank everyone who took the time to read this and consider throwing in your hat. It too bad some people weren't able to get the time to make some, but it is understandable, the holidays are hard. I also have a big thank you to the two who did create Masterminds and villains. I truly loved both entries!! Each one brought something to the table that I loved and because I love them both so much I am saying that they both win.

I plan on taking elements from both when I go to craft this Challenge coming up in December. They probably won't be exactly the same, but we will see. Once again thank you for your time and effort and as such here is some geek gold for the both of you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.