Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rohit Ramnath
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
When can I transfer goods from a boat to a warehouse? Only at home port? On any land spaces? On land spaces that have markets?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Gargoyle1987 wrote:
When can I transfer goods from a boat to a warehouse? Only at home port? On any land spaces? On land spaces that have markets?

Before or after sailing, "You may also load or unload goods from your ships’ holds into or out of warehouses you control in that region."

Note that at the beginning of the game, the only warehouse you control will be in your province, so your ship will have to be in your province region to unload.

You can rearrange goods between your ships before/after sailing if they are together at any (land) region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe fakelastnameson
msg tools
when it says "Before or after sailing" does that mean per ship?

Rob has said its valid to sail ship A, which already has goods on it, to your ship B, transfer the goods from A to B, and then sail again with ship B all in the same sail action.

when ship B arrives, could it then transfer those goods to a provincial warehouse?

Rule 7 spoiler question below:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Red province has goods in it's colony warehouse. If ship A starts its turn at that colony's island, can it pick up goods from the warehouse, sail to the province, and then drop the good in the province warehouse? Or will transferring the goods to the province warehouse require an additional sail action on a later turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadysjunk wrote:
when it says "Before or after sailing" does that mean per ship?

Sure. I don't really see how it could not, if it meant only at certain times before and after sailing and not others it would have to list which ones. Any time before or after sailing (but not in the middle of a ship's move).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.