49.1% of Goal | left

Support:

Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I like a game (or want to learn more about a game), I will "subscribe" to that game.

If any new videos are posted to that game page, they will show up in my subscription list. I think it's great that the number of non-English board game videos has really increase in the last year!

However, I'd like to be able to select a language(s), so that the only videos that would show up on my subscription page are languages I understand.

Is there a way to do that??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm guessing "learn more languages" isn't the solution that you're looing for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

One way would be to try to set your subscription preferences so you receive updates less often. Is that an option here?

Or you could pick some users that produce content in your language and subscribe to them rather than to a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Kennedy
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you submitted this feedback directly to BGG rather than just making this forum? It sounds like a good idea to be able to filter content by language, though I imagine that people desiring traffic might try to work around the filter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Charters
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point.

If there is no way to do it on the website today, then this would become an enhancement request for the BGG technical folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
+1 for this feature
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try one of the tools in the link below, which are not specific to BGG.
http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/detect-website-change-notificat...
I don't know if any of them can be used on a single page (such as the English videos page for Catan on BGG) but it might be worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decorations everywhere!
United States
flag msg tools
Fall in the Midwest
badge
Welcome to fall in the Midwest and a property with a lot of mature trees!
mbmbmbmbmb
A more drastic solution is to block the users as their videos show up in your subscription list. Once you block them, their content won't be displayed. Unfortunately, this would be site-wide, so you have to decide if its worth it to you.

I've done it for a few users that post videos more often. Its helped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.