Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking for exclusively 2 player block war games with components quality similar to Sekigahara.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll start with the obvious:

GMT's Command and Colors ancients

There's also Academy Games' Strike of the Eagle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Smith

Colchester
essex
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Columbia games their blocks are good quality with consistent colouring and are easy to move around the game board. The maps are very good (sekigahara has one of the best).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cody koeninger
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Napoleon's Triumph.

Simmons games is selling remaining inventory, you don't have to pay a scalper.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1638346/remaining-inventory...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor X wrote:
Strike of the Eagle

not an exclusively 2 player game

GitFeatures wrote:
Check out Columbia games their blocks are good quality with consistent colouring and are easy to move around the game board. The maps are very good (sekigahara has one of the best).

not a mounted map

battlemechanik wrote:
Napoleon's Triumph.

Simmons games is selling remaining inventory, you don't have to pay a scalper.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1638346/remaining-inventory...

what do you think of the Napoleon's Triumph map colouring? From pictures on the net I can't distinguish one part of the map for another

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fields of Despair: France 1914-1918 when it gets released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hovercraft wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Strike of the Eagle

Out of curiosity, why does that matter, given that you can play it with 2 and that it's a good game with 2?

(I've not played it, but I see from the BGG user poll that 85% of its players vote it "Best" with 2 players. So it sounds like a plausible recommendation, and the fact that it can also be played with more than 2 players is simply frosting on the cake that one could ignore or take advantage of, as desired...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Strike of the Eagle

Out of curiosity, why does that matter, given that you can play it with 2 and that it's a good game with 2?

(I've not played it, but I see from the BGG user poll that 85% of its players vote it "Best" with 2 players. So it sounds like a plausible recommendation, and the fact that it can also be played with more than 2 players is simply frosting on the cake that one could ignore or take advantage of, as desired...)

Strike of the Eagle has several scenarios, a number of which are indeed strictly two players. So perhaps I should have added an asterisk to my response in order to explain that - so as not to upset anyone.

Other scenarios sccommodate 3-4 players. But they too can be played as 2-players as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gill
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor X wrote:
russ wrote:
Hovercraft wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Strike of the Eagle

Strike of the Eagle has several scenarios, a number of which are indeed strictly two players. So perhaps I should have added an asterisk to my response in order to explain that - so as not to upset anyone.

Other scenarios sccommodate 3-4 players. But they too can be played as 2-players as well.

ok that's cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.