Subject: Choose First Player Instead of Rotate? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One element folks seem to really like in EH is the ability to choose the first player rather than do a straight rotate left. Has anyone tried this with AH, and if so, how did it play? I would think it might make the game a bit easier, just not sure how much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't do it, simply because the Stopped Clocks environment card already does it. It would feel less special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfie
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, that's a good enough reason right there not to do. Don't want to nullify a Mythos card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin C
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it's a great variant as it adds strategy and reduces chances of wasted and boring player turns (eg. allowing someone to kill monsters so someone else can get out). I wouldn't let a single Mythos card in the final expansion (meaning your mythos deck is probably a foot high) stop you from using it. In any case, Stopped Clocks still provides a benefit since you can choose any turn order in any phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.