Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Nelson
Canada
Ladner
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there anybody in Greater Vancouver that is planning on playing this game?

I'm very interested in the game, but was just told by my significant other and primary gaming partner that she doesn't particularly enjoy LCG games.

I'd like to see about forming a group to play regularly (hopefully weekly or every other week). I'm located in South Delta, but would probably be willing to travel (within reason) if I found the right group.

It might be nice to try and play at a pub or restaurant, if we could find a place and night that was reasonably quiet

Let me know by replying here, or direct message, if you're interested

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TipsyGamer wrote:
I'm very interested in the game, but was just told by my significant other and primary gaming partner that she doesn't particularly enjoy LCG games.

Wow, that's pretty dismissive! wow
She dislikes the lcg format so much that she has no interest in even learning about the game's content? That's rough...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Nelson
Canada
Ladner
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh nothing quite like that. She's tried Netrunner, and she's played a fair amount of LotR with me too (she even built her own pretty strong dwarf deck). But she says the games are a bit too complex for her, and she doesn't like feeling like she needs to learn a bunch of new cards once a month.

She's going to give Arkham Horror a try, but says it doesn't really appeal to her. She's reading At the Mountains of Madness right now, so giving the subject matter a shot, but the game format in general doesn't really click with her. She likes the ability to chat around a game, and doesn't feel the game really works for that as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TipsyGamer wrote:
But she says the games are a bit too complex for her, and she doesn't like feeling like she needs to learn a bunch of new cards once a month.

Ahh.. This I can relate to. And indeed, it is something unavoidable in the lcg format. I hope you find your game group! I love Vancouver by the way! If I ever move there you'd have +1 to your group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.