Subject: Foamcore insert for a GREAT family game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: single_word_in_CAPS_meme [+] [View All]
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everybody,

just wanted to share my quick and dirty foamcore insert. Bought the game yesterday at the Spiel in Essen, played it once yesterday evening with the whole family.

It's great, really, even better than I expected. I've read something about too much luck involved, and even though there's a certain luck component, I really don't care in this case. The game is really fun to play and fantastic to simply look at, especially for a family with kids. The artwork is so amazing, colourful and vibrant, it looks absolutely gorgeous on the table. See for yourself, this is how our table looked after our latest session.

What really bothered me was the sheer amount of cardboard tiles, since each player color comes with a distinct submarine artwork. Fantastic artwork, btw, this is actually the first game I've played where I want to play a different color every time just to get my hands on the alternative art. It's so great. Really. Sorry, think I'm quoting myself...

But you are lost without some kind of storage solution. You might use zip bags, or something like this, a two layer foamcore solution. The top layer holds everything besides the sub tiles, the score sheets and treasure tokens are hidden underneath the bag. The lower layer has one compartment for each submarine set.

If you're on the fence about trying this game and don't mind a bit luck, give it a try, especially if you have kids to play with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice Job !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
toinito wrote:
Nice Job !

Nice job on a great game! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
We are enjoying this game aswel, it a good family style game.

Nice job on the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Rudolph
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My game only has 5 submarine sets. It looks like you have 6 compartments. Is your set different than the retail version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Putzmanrudy1 wrote:
My game only has 5 submarine sets. It looks like you have 6 compartments. Is your set different than the retail version?

Nope, promo when buying in Essen. Think they are planning on releasing it otherwise, as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.