Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Got the itch to play this again after I stupidly got rid of it. Is the Master Set going to get a reprint or am I better getting the newer Alliances set?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Ord
United Kingdom
Darlington
County Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperAbobo wrote:
Got the itch to play this again after I stupidly got rid of it. Is the Master Set going to get a reprint or am I better getting the newer Alliances set?

Conveniently I just emailed Plaid Hat about this yesterday. Their parent company is in talks to be purchased by Asmodee North America so until that is resolved no reprints are being planned.

I really hope there is a reprint though because I'm still stuck with the starter sets and a few single faction decks. Any copy of the master set online is upwards of £60 right now and I just can't justify that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I hope it gets a reprint. The starter sets seem to be still available, I think I'll get one of those for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just get Alliances, it's better than the original Master Set anyway (factions have deeper gameplay and are more fun to use)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Would do, but Alliances also seems to be impossible to find here in the UK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Schuber
msg tools
mbmb
Arteus wrote:
SuperAbobo wrote:

Conveniently I just emailed Plaid Hat about this yesterday. Their parent company is in talks to be purchased by Asmodee North America so until that is resolved no reprints are being planned.

I really hope there is a reprint though because I'm still stuck with the starter sets and a few single faction decks. Any copy of the master set online is upwards of £60 right now and I just can't justify that.

Good god, Asmodee is just going to own all of board gaming aren't they? Not sure if I like that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely the new second summoners are available so just pick up a few of those. Then all you need is a starter set or make your own boards to play and hold you over until you can get a master set. It might not be the best bang for your buck compared to the master sets, but since there is no overlap, you won't be getting anything that you would re-buy later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.