4 Posts

Dungeons & Dragons: The Legend of Drizzt Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: Managed a Perfect Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Mifflin
Canada
flag msg tools
To start, this may seem unbelievable but I essentially found a loophole to come out with this victory.

I played Adventure 2 solo with Catti-Brie. I played with the addition of the advanced cards. When I game anything I put a lot of stress into the rules and following them exactly so I can guarantee that I did precisely that in this game.

I managed to defeat Entreri and win the adventure without dying a single time and finishing the game with all 6 of my HP remaining. I mean, if you're experienced with this game you should know how difficult that is to achieve. Not that I'm a bad player, I definitely take my time to think of the most strategic move, but this particular victory was due to what I guess you could call a loophole. I don't even know if it's possible to win like I did without using this "cheat".

Basically, near the end of the game I got myself into a situation where there was a Hypnotic Spirit on the other side of the game board, probably around 8 tiles away from Catti-Brie (this was due to a treasure card where you can place a tile next to any unexplored edge.) I happened to have a Secret Cave tile flipped in this game and it was positioned two tiles away from Catti-Brie.

So it's my turn and Entreri is 1 tile away from me. I decide to attack with Taulmaril having my stance token on Falling Hail Stance. I hit him (or miss, it doesn't matter) and using Falling Hail Stance I get to move him 1 tile away. I push him 1 tile away and camp out in the Secret Cave. I avoid the encounter card, Entreri activates moving 1 tile closer to me, and then the Hypnotic Spirit activates moving me to my original tile, 2 tiles away. Oh f*** yeah, that's right.

I'm sitting here and I'm thinking.... "holy s*** hold on a second... can I just do this again?"

That's right, I can. I literally attack Entreri again moving him 1 tile away, move into the secret cave tile avoiding an encounter card, have Entreri activate moving back to his orginal tile, and then get drawn back to my original tile by the Hypnotic Spirit.

I literally was able to follow the rules entirely and repeat these actions until Entreri was defeated. I can't remember if at the very end I used Battle Trance once to regain a HP, but regardless I did finish the game without using a surge and having all my HP remaining.

I played this game a couple weeks ago but decided to share it now.

It's just incredible how lucky I was. Can't believe I noticed I could do it. Whenever you're playing solo with Catti-Brie equipped with Falling Hail Stance, and you have a Secret Cave and Hypnotic Spirit in play... then you have your shot. Lol, definitely a rare occurrence but I thought I'd share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Jacobs
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
That's a cool combo!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mifflin
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Hebert
Canada
Granby
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
well ever since i added the dungeon command monsters,we haven't won a single scenario yet lol...including Castle ravenloft.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.