Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Day 4 - Israel Defense

I spent the morning of this fourth day of the campaign staring at the latest satellite photos of a tank spearhead and a tank force that has busted through the front lines last night. To keep the base safe, I wanted to see these two battalions eliminated for greatly reduced to slow them down or force them to retreat. These two battalions are full of heavily armored tanks and plenty of anti-aircraft threats from enemy choppers to SAM's. Both were equally powerful, but the spearhead was moving faster leading me to take it out first.

I called in Divot again even after his last mission run. I really wanted his sharpshooting kills on this one with those deadly tanks. He would call the shots with Dart in his F-16 and Judge in his Apache. This would be Judge's first mission, and I had high hopes he would do well. They all got the low down for the mission, and I sent them off their way while I got Flash and Genius ready to take on the tank force battalion.

As Divot's strike team approached the target zone, I got a call that we had some F-15's in the area. I went ahead and requested cover for my team, so the choppers wouldn't bother them and they could focus on the SAM's and AAA first. Had I known that the F-15's would have been around, I probably wouldn't have equipped them with sidewinders.

The scouts did their job well along with the recent satellite data that came in that day. The team approached low in the canyon to the far east of the zone to hide from the SAM's and AAA. Judge popped up over the ridge first. He had a little trouble with the tanks spent extra hellfires to bring them down. The nearby SAM was eliminated which paved the way for Divot and Dart. Divot proceeded up and took out the northern group of AAA and tank. Dart zipped by and handled the last SAM, but whiffed on the tank next to it.

Thankfully, no other enemy targets appeared with their high level maneuvering. Judge turned north to take on the three tanks to the northeast and completely wasted his remaining hellfires missing left and right. I probably had a dumbfounded look on my face listening to the comms during the mission.

Dart circled back and used his mavericks and hellfires to finish up what Judge couldn't finish. Divot circled south to squash the remaining AAA in the southwest corner with relative ease. Divot sent Judge and Dart home, since their pylons were empty of ordinance even though Dart finished up a tank on the way out with his cannon. Divot valiantly tried to take out one more tank circling through the middle and back west, but his cannons failed to scratch their armor. He took pylon damage unfortunately. I ordered him home, because I knew he would try and stick out and take more damage out of stubborness. They had done enough damage to the battalion that they would be limping along.

On their way back, we got another call in that some B-52's were ready to go. I had already sent out Flash and Genius to tackle the other tank battalion. Based on how tough this last mission went with three aircraft, I didn't have much hope for the those two by themselves. I figured I could probably use some help, so I had the B-52's strike the tank force and called the two pilots back.

Everyone arrived safely. I commended Divot for another job well done and encouraged him to get Judge some glasses or some practice shooting somehow. Judge didn't look too happy about it, and he shouldn't. I need everyone to bring their "A" game if we're going to keep this base safe.

The day ended with the whittled-down tank spearhead retreating back to the frontlines. It was replaced by a smaller more manageable battalion in it's place. I wasn't too worried right now. I figured we could attack more conservatively the next day to save up for another big push from the enemy which I expected any day now. I might even let Judge take another crack at the enemy again. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rahul Chandra
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the placing is legal there - low aircraft over a ridge in initial placement. It would be fine if they went northwest from there, or started by hovering (Apache/Harrier).

Enjoying reading these, I need to pull this out more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Atkinson
United States
Grant
AL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rchandra wrote:
I don't think the placing is legal there - low aircraft over a ridge in initial placement. It would be fine if they went northwest from there, or started by hovering (Apache/Harrier).

Enjoying reading these, I need to pull this out more.

Thanks for the tip. I think I sent them all High Altitude when declared altitude, and thought it was okay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Reston
United States
Albquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
To my knowledge, I never tried sending my birds [save for UAVs] at High Altitude - I'm too nervous about Pop-Up Enemies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.