Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are lining up like they do for new iphones and rock concerts.

Heavy turn out. 2 trump voters.

Valid question of whether this is just pulling votes forward from election day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
wow Tell`em "VOTE GREEN "*2016*" S.O.T.S.-"B"-OUT!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I heard there were similar camp outs at the Columbus voting location too. I think people are just eager to get this thing over with. Our election season has become way too long, and I for one am nearly sick to death of listening to Donald Trump talking about stupid shit all the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stepping back a bit, and given my disenchantment with the republican party (where is my fiscally conservative socially liberal party!!!), unless trump is elected, this has been a fantastic event.

Perhaps... maybe just maybe, we can split the right wing crazies off of the republican party and get an effective conservative party again.

I'd like to see something more like

45% democratic
30% rational republicans who give up on the gay and sex issues and stop lying so much more than average.
10% 3rd party and independents
15% conservative crazies

next year and

40% democratic
35% rational republicans
15% 3rd party and independents
10% conservative crazies

in 4 years.

I think democrats without a rational reasonable alternatives will kinda run wild.

But I definitely want a much more liberal supreme court. And a hard 5/4 or even 6/3 revalidation of roe v wade for at least another 20 years to put a stake in that issue for a while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Holidays! ABCDEFGHIJK MNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
I think democrats without a rational reasonable alternatives will kinda run wild.

Hasn't happened in California. They've got super-majorities in both houses, but they've realized there's no one else to blame mistakes on.

Business is getting done. The budget is balanced. They're socking away money in a rainy-day fund.

Amazing the things that happen when you can no longer play the blame game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
94,000,000 PEOPLE OUT OF THE WORKFORCE???

JIMMINY FUCKING CRICKETS, the mind of an average Trump supporter, ladies and gentleman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
robot SOMEBODY "thinks" of the 'children' getting OFF their 'lazy butts' and ON too WORK!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

JIMMINY FUCKING CRICKETS, the mind of an average Trump supporter, ladies and gentleman.

Don't ever try to fact check a Trump supporter. If you have an ounce of critical thinking, you will blow a brain-nut.

Never in our history has such a piece of shit candidate get consideration for office. I can only hope that establishment Republicans and Democrats realize that their dance of death since 2006 can no longer sustain itself, and that sensible third party supporters can find someone of value to bring forward and nominate in 2020.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
maxo-texas wrote:

When will the Dems have the dead votes delivered? Probably a couple of weeks out yet I'm guessing.

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

When will the Dems have the dead votes delivered? Probably a couple of weeks out yet I'm guessing.

Ferret

You have any facts to back that up. Or do you have your nose so firmly ensconced in The Giant Yam's scrotal sac that you don't need facts if He tells you it is so. Never mind that voices on both sides of the aisle have pointed out this is delirious horseshit and undermines the faith in the electoral process
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Woodcock
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Ferret

You have any facts to back that up. Or do you have your nose so firmly ensconced in The Giant Yam's scrotal sac that you don't need facts if He tells you it is so. Never mind that voices on both sides of the aisle have pointed out this is delirious horseshit and undermines the faith in the electoral process

I come to RSP for the sane, balanced, rational discussions like this one!

Oh wait, not.

A few examples for your HuffPo-addled, Clinton-koolaid mind:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/09/22/cbs4-investigation-fin...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c...

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/jul/24/greg-...

Really your ignorance is massive. I'm starting to think that having a license to be allowed to participate in forums isn't a bad way to go, if it keeps deplorables like you out.....

Who's "The Giant Yam"? Is that like "Killary" but less factual?

Ferret

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:

You mad that it is so high?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
Ferretman wrote:
maxo-texas wrote:

Ferret

I come to RSP for the sane, balanced, rational discussions like this one!

Oh wait, not.

A few examples for your HuffPo-addled, Clinton-koolaid mind:

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/09/22/cbs4-investigation-fin...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&c...

http://www.politifact.com/texas/statements/2012/jul/24/greg-...

Really your ignorance is massive. I'm starting to think that having a license to be allowed to participate in forums isn't a bad way to go, if it keeps deplorables like you out.....

Who's "The Giant Yam"? Is that like "Killary" but less factual?

Ferret

Ferret

It's not worth my effort to dig into that but it has been dug into in other states and I have published it here in the past and what they found out of a pool of over 900 cases was

1) Clerical errors by the voting station staff (I recall this was over 700/3/4 of the cases)
2) Absentee Voting (the person literally died after casting their vote but before election day) (I recall this was substantial)
3) Children with the same name as their parents (sometimes in the same residence after their parents died). (I recall this was over 20 but under 70)
4) Some other misc case.
5) 5 actual cases where voter fraud may have occurred out of over 900 they started with.

I suspect these 200 texas case will also prove to largely be clerical errors, absentee voters, and children with the same name.

---

Also, to protect us from those 5-200 votes, about 5% of democratic voters are disenfranchised (per republican leader statements on video). So yes, dead voter fraud is a serious issue we should deal with- disenfranchising up to roughly 200,000 texas voters to do that is attacking the legitimacy of the election in a much larger way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Shampoo4you wrote:

You mad that it is so high?

Baby boomers are between the ages of 50-70 (approximately) so the amount of retirees keeps rising.

In 2015, 40 million retirees got social security and 9 million got disability:
https://www.ssa.gov/news/press/factsheets/basicfact-alt.pdf

Similar numbers are also on politifact from 2013, but give further insight on where additional numbers come from:
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/jul/...

(obviously please note that things will have changed since the politifact article so the numbers could even be significantly different)

It's why I hate the lump sum stats. They are very misleading. It is much more informative to have it broken up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ferretman wrote:

As a general rule, most of these investigations end up showing vanishly small amounts of actual voter fraud. The Texas one you link to is particularly illustrative: they claimed to have over two hundred cases of voter fraud, but could only find four cases where a vote was issued by the voter ID of a deceased person. The other two instances in Colorado and California are even less specific.

This in and of itself isn't voter fraud, because - and there have been lots of studies about this - most of the time there's a perfectly reasonable explanation. Usually it's someone voting with the same name as a deceased person and it's clerical error. Occasionally someone who is a Dead Person Jr. votes with their dead parent's voter slip instead of their own.

The actual incidence rate of real, intentional voter fraud - IE, where a person votes more than once or improperly in the wrong district on purpose - is miniscule, less than-one-in-a-million miniscule, and there is tons of evidence to support this proposition. The overwhelming majority of actual "voter fraud" incidents are convicts who vote not knowing that they've lost their franchise.

People who complain about voter fraud are either stupid or willfully dishonest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief Slovenly
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The actual, real voter fraud?

It isn't ballot fraud. It isn't in-person fraud. It isn't even registration fraud.

It's absentee ballot fraud. It's still fairly small, but... absentee ballot fraud is where most election fraud lies. This has been borne out by analysis after analysis.

There are legitimate reasons for not getting rid of the absentee ballot system, but I wonder why it never comes up in these debates?

Another goddamn mystery left unsolved, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't get early voting, unless you are planning to be traveling on election day, what do you gain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
The actual, real voter fraud?

It isn't ballot fraud. It isn't in-person fraud. It isn't even registration fraud.

It's absentee ballot fraud. It's still fairly small, but... absentee ballot fraud is where most election fraud lies. This has been borne out by analysis after analysis.

There are legitimate reasons for not getting rid of the absentee ballot system, but I wonder why it never comes up in these debates?

Because the majority of absentee ballots in the USA are military votes and the GOP - who are the ones who bang the drum on voter fraud - isn't going to attack military voting as fraudulent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
I don't get early voting, unless you are planning to be traveling on election day, what do you gain?

Getting it done?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Bird
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:

Election day isn't a holiday and a lot of people have trouble taking time off work to vote, regardless of whether they are legally entitled to or not. Early voting allows people whose schedules might otherwise conflict with their opportunity to vote more opportunities to cast their vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
TheChin! wrote:

Election day isn't a holiday and a lot of people have trouble taking time off work to vote, regardless of whether they are legally entitled to or not. Early voting allows people whose schedules might otherwise conflict with their opportunity to vote more opportunities to cast their vote.

Yep. Early voting expands the franchise, in effect.

No doubt part of the reason that Republican officials in many states (Ohio, North Carolina come to mind) have curtailed it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
Yeah, ok, I get why you can, but why do people have to vote a month early? They can't find a date they can vote closer to the actual date in case that something happens that would make them change their vote? Seems needlessly close minded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
Yeah, ok, I get why you can, but why do people have to vote a month early? They can't find a date they can vote closer to the actual date in case that something happens that would make them change their vote? Seems needlessly close minded.

Yeah right.
How many of you would change your vote from Hillary if it came out that she was being indicted for her email?
Zero?
Yeah, that is what I thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Yeah right.
How many of you would change your vote from Hillary if it came out that she was being indicted for her email?
Zero?
I'm not voting for Hillary, but even for the true-believers there are other races and issues on the ballot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Yeah right.
Zero?
I'm not voting for Hillary, but even for the true-believers there are other races and issues on the ballot.

You SAY this, but I doubt it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.