Subject: Wrong color on publication seals rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get the expansion yesterday in Essen (German version). As I checked the components, I noticed that the extra seals included have some color mismatch. The yellow seals have a blue backside and vice versa. I don't know if the English version is affected as well.

Can anyone give me some advice what route to take to maybe get some replacements? I was thinking about contacting Heidelberger, since they are the German publisher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Wrong color on publication seals (German version)
If possible you should go back to the booth. Maybe they dont know about the issue.

I had an amazing customer service experience with cge when i had a problem with the alchemists base game. Contact the publisher and im sure they will help you out but aince Essen is happening now it might take a while to get in contact. Just be warned... Theyre pretty busy now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have alerted CGE to this just now. The question is whether it is in all copies or not. If it is NOT in all copies, CGE should be able to replace it for you at the booth. IF if it is in all copies, then this will need to be fixed at a later date, but CGE will do that I'm sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alchemists is Cursed They had production issues in base game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked my English version from Essen and it has the same issue with the colour mismatch on yellow and blue seals. Will check the rest of the expansion later in the day.

Edit: Rest of the expansion is perfectly in order. Until replacements arrive the game can be played with the seals as they are. It is just that you need to be careful with the revealing of the seals at the end of the game to remember the colour switch up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:
Just checked my English version from Essen and it has the same issue with the colour mismatch on yellow and blue seals. Will check the rest of the expansion later in the day.

Goshdamnit, not again CGE :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Jansen
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The same mistake here . I got the german version, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:

Edit: Rest of the expansion is perfectly in order. Until replacements arrive the game can be played with the seals as they are. It is just that you need to be careful with the revealing of the seals at the end of the game to remember the colour switch up.
Yeah, I figured as well that it will work with these tokens, as long as you keep it in mind during the final scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charley Heuertz
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I confirm; also english version. Blue and yellow backsides of the publication tokens are swapped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafaël Theunis
Belgium
Antwerpen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 on the english version. Aw poor guys this is such a silly little mistake :s I think it's every designer/publisher's worst nightmare.

OK well i've sent them an e-mail, we will just have to wait for the corrected print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sören Lohse
Austria
flag msg tools
I have the same problem (German Version). And i have another problem posted here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1655485/missing-startup-fun...

It would be great if u check your versions and give me a feedback.

Thx a lot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it seems the back of the yellow and blue tokens are swapped.

Anyway, it doesn't affect game play at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CGE are in the process of trying to fix this. I was helping them with some text on the Sunday night at the meal after the fair. #workneverends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"it's a feature, not a bug!"
You can show your friends you got the really first edition ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Winchmore Hill
London
flag msg tools
Lv 30 Lawful/Evil Human Dungeon Master
badge
In Toruk's name!
mbmbmb
Had an email from the support team today saying they are sending corrective stickers out, whoop

I've sharpied the back of both of them with the correct colour for the moment anyway, so it's not a massive issue but as always it's nice to see CGE are so quick to respond to these problems

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Darke wrote:
Had an email from the support team today saying they are sending corrective stickers out, whoop

I've sharpied the back of both of them with the correct colour for the moment anyway, so it's not a massive issue but as always it's nice to see CGE are so quick to respond to these problems

Stickers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Morton
msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:
Darke wrote:

Stickers

Yeah, now I'm concerned that I'll fail to get the stickers perfectly aligned and make the stickered seals noticeable on the board....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Italy
Turin - Milan
Piemonte - Lombardia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GhundiPI wrote:

Same here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin G
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your kidding stickers ? What a silly mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Caslava
Czech Republic
Kolin
flag msg tools
Corrective stickers are the fastest solution what we have right now. Really sorry for that mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhan_Shi wrote:
Corrective stickers are the fastest solution what we have right now. Really sorry for that mistake.

But this is not a solution that anyone really asks for. I think everybody would like to have correct tokens, no? Even if it means waiting for longer.

This was the same situation with the original Alchemists release with too tight tokens, which where then printed in correct size.

Why not have the corrected tokens printed and shipped to fans who request them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Caslava
Czech Republic
Kolin
flag msg tools
Slashdoctor wrote:

Why not have the corrected tokens printed and shipped to fans who request them?

Right now it's impossible to print corrected tokens with same technology like original game. Stickers are the fastest and also the only one solution what we have. I fully understand the bad feeling about wrong colors and we wan't to apology. Next print will be fixed for sure, but right now, we can send stickers to everyone who already bought the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance to additionally get proper tiles at some point in the future as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Caslava
Czech Republic
Kolin
flag msg tools
Unfortunately no, we don't have option to print seals separately with same technology like base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristo Vaher
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhan_Shi wrote:
Unfortunately no, we don't have option to print seals separately with same technology like base game.

When will there be a second print-run of this? Expansions rarely get second print runs, which is why I'm asking. Would not be the first time I'm buying the same item twice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.